The Hunger Games

Congratulations!
by Suzanne Collins | Teens |
Registered by Bleuey on 11/5/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Bleuey on Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Keep seeing this book for super cheap and I can't resist having an extra copy on hand to release because it is a personal favorite. One I heartily recommend as it's a phenomenal read.

Tagged for ApoloniaX.

~ Bleuey ~

Journal Entry 2 by Bleuey at Schenectady, New York USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/5/2011 UTC) at Schenectady, New York USA

Off to the post office!

~ Bleuey ~

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, August 18, 2011
This arrived in the mail today, along with a lovely card.
Thanks a lot, Bleuey!

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, August 24, 2011
What an intriguing book! Collins is throwing in Lord of the Flies, 1984 and reality TV and creates a horrifying dystopian setting, a society with extreme contempt for human life that sets up some kind of perverse entertainment. There is lots of violence, but the kind of the Brothers Grimm, that leaves you rather detached. I think the author could have done much more about the moral conflicts, the question about surviving at the cost of others’ lives, at the cost of becoming murderers. It sometimes comes across rather shallow and superficial, lacking emotional depth (and the cheesy teenage romance doesn’t add much in terms of emotions). Collins has shown she can draw a convincing character with just a few sentences (Rue), but did she hides this talent regarding the other tributes – who seem bland and one-dimensional, mere stereotypes. There is an interesting dynamic to this novel – it’s so obvious how it will all end, but this doesn’t take much of the suspense away, it’s still a thrilling read – maybe because it’s written in such an easy, simple, but compelling style (it’s young adult lit after all). Quite unputdownable, a real pageturner. I can absolutely see why it is so popular.
I’ll take it to the UK UnCon next month.

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 05, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/23/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Released at the BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham.
It's on somebody's wishlist... so it will get a name tag :-)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 24, 2011
Thank you so much, ApoloniaX, for giving me one of my wishlist books. It was such a surprise when someone told me there was a book with my name on it sat on the table.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to Nottingham.

Journal Entry 7 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 25, 2012
I loved this book! I didn't want to put it down and it was only the thought of work that stopped me from reading all night to finish it! I bought the other two books in the trilogy on my way home tonight so that I can continue the story.

I am going to lend the book to a friend as I think she will enjoy it as much as I have and then I will find someone to pass it on to.

Thanks again, ApoloniaX, for giving me this book at Uncon.

Journal Entry 8 by chocdrop at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (8/9/2014 UTC) at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Posted to daffodil-2 who had it on her wishlist. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 9 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 11, 2014
Received in the post today from Chocdrop as a RABCK. Thanks very much-will read soon.

Journal Entry 10 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, September 05, 2014
REVIEW:- "Oh I do love a bit of good sci-fi! The best book I've read for some time. I loved the author's great imagination while I was horrified at the death trials that had become a normal but compulsory part of everyday life for the people of Panem. I loved the weird and wonderful plants, insects and animals and the blossoming relationship between Katniss and Peeta. It was like Big Brother taken to a horrifying conclusion with the general population being forced to watch the participants of the Hunger Games either destroy each other or be killed themselves. I can't wait to read the next book which I am borrowing from my granddaughter."

My husband is reading the book now and then I shall reserve it for Snoopy 56.

Journal Entry 11 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, September 12, 2014
My husband has now also read this book:- He says that he felt it was well thought out but a bit too long. He's not sure whether he would want to read the next two books. (I personally can't wait to get my hands on them!)

Journal Entry 12 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, October 03, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (9/23/2014 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to Snoopy56 when we met to go to the theatre.

To the finder:-

I already have books travelling in Australia, Austria, Brazil, the Canary Islands, the Channel Islands, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Indonesia, Madeira, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Turkey, the U.S.A, Wales and all over England.

Journal Entry 13 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 05, 2014
I really enjoyed this book as I am a big fan of YA fiction. The book does not go into any detail as to how the world (or at least North America, presumambly) came to be in such dire straits but maybe there will be more about that in future books. I really want to see the film now and read the second book. I've already seen trailers for the second film.

Journal Entry 14 by daffodil-2 at Tunstead, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, December 11, 2014
Returned to me today by Snoopy56 at my request. The book will now be reserved for my cousin Daffodil-4 who will be visiting me later this month and has expressed a wish to read it.

Journal Entry 15 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 17, 2014
My plans for this book have changed so I will be changing my release notes.

Journal Entry 16 by daffodil-2 at Salhouse, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (12/18/2014 UTC) at Salhouse, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will now be given to my sister-in-law C when we meet for lunch and exchanging of Christmas gifts. My cousin Daffodil-4 is now the proud owner of a Kindle and she has downloaded the book so doesn't need this copy after all.

To the finder:-

I already have books travelling in Australia, Austria, Brazil, the Canary Islands, the Channel Islands, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Indonesia, Madeira, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, the U.S.A, Wales and all over England.

Journal Entry 17 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Horning, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, February 14, 2015
This book was passed to me by my sister in law, and not liking Sci Fi wasnt really looking
forward to reading it; but could hardly put it down. I liked the main character so was
really interested in what happened to her. Cant wait to find the next one.

Journal Entry 18 by daffodil-2 at Fakenham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/17/2015 UTC) at Fakenham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to my friend Lin when we met for a catchup today. I hope she will enjoy it as much as I did.

To the finder:-

I already have books travelling in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, the Canary Islands, the Channel Islands, Croatia, the Falkland Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Indonesia, Madeira, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the U.S.A, Wales and all over England.

Journal Entry 19 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Returned to me today by my friend Lin. Unfortunately she hasn't read it she says as she isn't into sci-fi. Shame!! I will try to find another good home for it as it's a pity for such a good book to go to waste.

Journal Entry 20 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, May 18, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/19/2017 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be sent to another bookcrosser as a surprise RABCK soon.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 21 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, May 22, 2017
One of two bonus books with a wishlist tag book. Thank you so much. I love the BC label. I haven't read this yet and I will try to pass it on to another Bookcrosser when I've finished it.

Journal Entry 22 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 14, 2017
I read this in a day. I loved it. I will be reading Catching Fire next.

Released 1 yr ago (11/20/2017 UTC) at Royal Mail (RABCK), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

The trilogy will be travelling to Motherof11 via pinkoeria.

Journal Entry 24 by wingmotherof11wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, December 02, 2017
This book (and its companions) reached me safely today.
Thank you very much, Poodlesister! I'm really looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 25 by wingmotherof11wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, December 17, 2017
What an absolutely terrific book!
Thanks so much for sharing this with me, Poodlesister!

Journal Entry 26 by wingmotherof11wing at Boekenhuisje in Vasse, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, August 12, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (8/13/2018 UTC) at Boekenhuisje in Vasse, Overijssel Netherlands

Left this book in the LFL in Vasse.
Enjoy!