The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

by Mark Haddon | Teens |
Registered by winggoldenwattlewing of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 10/31/2010
Journal Entry 1 by winggoldenwattlewing from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, October 31, 2010
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Christopher is 15 and lives in Swindon with his father. He has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism. He is obsessed with maths, science and Sherlock Holmes but finds it hard to understand other people. When he discovers a dead dog on a neighbour's lawn he decides to solve the mystery and write a detective thriller about it. As in all good detective stories, however, the more he unearths, the deeper the mystery gets - for both Christopher and the rest of his family.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, November 02, 2010
I enjoyed this book mainly because it had a different hero. But other people seem to have enjoyed it much more than I did. I had a request to consider making this a bookray.

Bookray

Jotka (Brandenburg, Germany)
bookwormess (Finland)
rodespringbal (Belgium)
vedranaster (Croatia)

When you get this book please try not to keep it more than a month. However, when you have finished reading this book, if you know any other local BookCrossers in your area who want to read it, feel free to let them before you post it onto the next person on the list. That way the book will get more readers. But they must journal too.

Normal Bookray rules. Journal when you receive it and again when you send it on. Please try not to keep it more than a month. But if there's a difficulty, please journal and let the rest of us know. When it finishes please consider another Bookray if possible. Thank you.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, November 29, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/29/2010 UTC) at Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia

I posted this book today to Sfogs in Christchurch, New Zealand. Enjoy the read.

Photograph: View over Canberra.

Journal Entry 4 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, December 05, 2010
This book has arrived safely!

Journal Entry 5 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, December 09, 2010
I loved this book it was just adorable!!!!!!!

Journal Entry 6 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, December 10, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (12/10/2010 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

On it's way to the UK!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 09, 2011
Just recieved this in the post. Am very excited to read it. Just need to finish my current read then get busy with this one!

Journal Entry 8 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I couldn't put this book down. I loved Christopher (and could even see a bit of my self in his charachter - worring?) and his view on life. I liked having the pictures and things to explain the book as you read along. Sometimes a pitcure just explains stuff better than words. I did guess correctly what had happend to him mum & the dog fairly quickly, but it did not hamper my enjoyment of the book. Would love to read anything else by this author. This book will be mailed on the next reader in line tomorrow.

Journal Entry 9 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 13, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/14/2011 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Popping this in the post for Rach-489 to continue the Ray. Hope you enjoy this. Safe travels little Book!

Journal Entry 10 by Rach-489 at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, January 16, 2011
Received this bright and early yesterday and got so excited that I'm halfway through already! Will be finishing up this week and sending it on to the next in line.

Journal Entry 11 by Rach-489 at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, January 17, 2011
Ok so I couldn't put it down either, this book was so easy to read and enjoyable despite its hard to tackle subject matters. Showing how difficult Christopher found it to cope with situations that most people take in their stride showed just how scary this big world can be to those that aren't used to it. Brilliant book, thank you so much for sharing.
Will be sending this off to Finnchen tomorrow!

Journal Entry 12 by Rach-489 at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/18/2011 UTC) at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom

All packaged up and sent on its way to Luxembourg. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Journal Entry 13 by Finnchen at Luxembourg / Lëtzebuerg, Kanton Luxemburg Luxembourg on Friday, January 21, 2011
Received the book today. Thank you to Rach-489 for sending it! The book looks great.

Journal Entry 14 by Finnchen at Luxembourg / Lëtzebuerg, Kanton Luxemburg Luxembourg on Sunday, January 23, 2011
This is an amazing, wonderful book. I just loved reading it. I especially love the fact that the book is written from Christopher's point of view, the young hero with 'Behavioural Problems', as he describes it himself.
A very touching book.

Journal Entry 15 by Finnchen at Luxembourg / Lëtzebuerg, Kanton Luxemburg Luxembourg on Monday, January 24, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/25/2011 UTC) at Luxembourg / Lëtzebuerg, Kanton Luxemburg Luxembourg

The book in on its way to Belgium, to bloedengel. Farewell, dear book and happy reading!

Journal Entry 16 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, January 28, 2011
Oh oh, popped on the doorstep together with another ringbook.
But no worries, I'm a fast reader. And as I see, the book lends itself to that :-)

Thanks for joining me in !

Journal Entry 17 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, February 13, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/13/2011 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

The book 's now in an envelope in a letterbox and a postman will come that will take it with him. It will be on an airplane for some time. Then it will be in a postoffice. A postman will bring it to the house of a person who will read it.
I hope they will like it as I did.
I liked it because of the nice intermezzo's which are things in between the real things going on. And because there's not a real thought-of plot but more like a collection of things that form a story. I like collections of things too :-) There's a lot of Christopher in me :)))

Great book !

Journal Entry 18 by lisabb2 at Grimes, Iowa USA on Sunday, February 20, 2011
Got in the mail today along with some chocolate...thanks!!!

Journal Entry 19 by lisabb2 at Grimes, Iowa USA on Sunday, February 27, 2011
Cute book. Loved the writing being from Christopher's point of view. The world can be a very strange place for kids with Asperger's Syndrome.

Waiting for princessaurora's address before I can mail it out.

Journal Entry 20 by lisabb2 at Grimes, Iowa USA on Saturday, March 12, 2011
Got the address and mailed out today.

Journal Entry 21 by princessaurora at Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, March 19, 2011
Received in the mail. Just finished the last book I was reading so it's time to start this.

Journal Entry 22 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, June 20, 2011
Hello princessaurora,
Is this book still with you? On the 9th May you PMed me and said it was, "On its way".
It's been with you now for three months. If there's a problem please let us know.
Regards,
Goldenwattle.

Journal Entry 23 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Hello princessaurora,
Are you planning to send this book on or add it to your private collection? Not having had a response from you for some time, and recently having been warned by others that you do hang onto books (I wish I had known this before I added you to the list), I am sadly getting the feeling you don't intend to send the book on. The next person on the list, cherryj, has just sent me a PM saying she has ordered herself a copy from Better World Books and is willing to use this as a replacement. So will you please send this copy on to the next person, or will I be forced to accept cherryj's generous and kind offer?
Others are waiting for this book. Please send it on immediately (today), and if there's a good reason why you haven't please let us know.
Thank you.

Journal Entry 24 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, September 25, 2011
It's been over six months now. It seems princessaurora has no intention of sending the book on. I will list it missing in missing books so others can be warned. Cherryj has just sent me another lovely PM to tell me her offer still stands.
"Hello goldenwattle,
Just wanted to let you know that my offer of replacing the copy that's stalled with princessaurora still stands. :)
Cheers!
cherryj"

So I will let her know to contact valpete who is next on the list.
It is so sad when someone stalls a Bookray. It is something my conscience would not allow. I will suggest to cherryj waiting a couple more weeks to see if princessaurora has a change of heart. And I will not list the book as missing till then to give princessaurora a last chance to do the right thing.

Journal Entry 25 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, October 16, 2011
Cherryj offered to replace this book. As Princessaurora is refusing to share this book with other people I will contact Cherryj and take up her kind offer. I apologise to previous readers for this, because you won't receive future readers' comments.

New Book: Replacement Book
Thank you Cherryj for the offer.

I added this to Lost Books: Lost Books