Last Exit To Brooklyn

by Hubert Selby | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by RoseOfDarkness of Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on 10/22/2010
Journal Entry 1 by RoseOfDarkness from Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on Friday, October 22, 2010

Hubert Selby, Jr. delivered the goods when he wrote this book. Unflinchingly honest, at times extremely brutal, Last Exit To Brooklyn gives the reader the literary equivalent of a hand grenade with the pin missing. Selby does not give readers of the book an easy time, as he brilliantly details the nonsensical minutiae, the surges of emotion and the sometimes inane nature of humanity that reside within the characters of the book, and, more importantly, within ourselves. What I'm saying is this: READ THIS BOOK

Released 13 yrs ago (2/17/2011 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Brandenburg Germany

Start his travel around the world from Germany to Australia.

Happy reading foxygirlACT

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by RoseOfDarkness. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.
Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it.
In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on
it's journey.

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read."
Mark Twain

Journal Entry 3 by foxygirlACT at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Wednesday, March 2, 2011
received in the post today. Will finish up the book I'm reading and then start this one

Journal Entry 4 by foxygirlACT at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, July 8, 2011

Released 12 yrs ago (7/8/2011 UTC) at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia

I started reading this one but for some reason couldn't get it finished. Placing in the mozette bookbag so it can continue travelling

Journal Entry 5 by Mozette at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, July 13, 2011
I've never heard of this one before; and so when a book like this comes into my possession, it makes me curious about what else is out there to read ( this is how my collection has swelled to be almost 1,000 book from a meagre 100). Thank you for including this book in the book baggie.

Journal Entry 6 by aleonblue at Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 22, 2012
Picked up book at Brisbane BC meet-up. Always wanted to read this book!

Released 8 yrs ago (7/26/2015 UTC) at Coffee Club - Nundah Village Shopping Centre in Nundah, Queensland Australia

Releasing at this month's Brisbane BC meet-up - please enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by kidwrangler at Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Sunday, August 30, 2015
Picked up at today's BC meet off the bookshelf. The cover attracted me and the title pinged a bell of recognition in my brain, so this will sit on my TBR shelf.

Thanks for sharing :)

Journal Entry 9 by kidwrangler at Robina Town Shopping Centre in Robina, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Released 5 yrs ago (1/16/2019 UTC) at Robina Town Shopping Centre in Robina, Queensland Australia

This book has languished on my shelves for far to long so time to release.
I'll drop it on a table or seat between Big W and The Kitchens.
Thanks for sharing, hope it finds a new reader and keeps travelling :)