The Wrong Dog: A Rachel Alexander Mystery

by Carol Lea Benjamin | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingsolittletimewing of Portland, Maine USA on 10/22/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Thursday, December 02, 2010
Registered by solittletime, Portland, Maine, USA on December 2, 2010. Pre-numbered label used for registration. Mass market paperback.

Reserved for the 2011 March Oh, the Places We Can Go Release Challenge , hosted by Secretariat. Dog.

And for the 2011 Track Your Challenges Challenge, hosted by waderwoman.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsolittletimewing at Portland, Maine USA on Friday, March 25, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (3/25/2011 UTC) at Portland, Maine USA

Controlled release to Erishkigal who picked this book from bookstogive's Mystery VBB.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by solittletime or any other journaler. (You can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join.) I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, April 17, 2011
received with several others from the vbb. Sorry I took so long to journal~~I brought the box in, sat it down, sat stuff atop it, and promptly forgot...duh....

Anyway, all are authors new to me, and they look like fun reads.

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, June 03, 2011
Another author/character new to me~~one of the great things about bookcrossing :)

I found this thoroughly enjoyable. And unusual; many are the cozies that feature cats, but much rarer to find are those with dogs.

Not sure where this will travel next: I may holld on to it for another round of Medicine Chest Bookbox (because of the cloning), I may take it to the dog park to leave in the wild.....

**************************************************************************************************************

Amazon Editorial Review

From former detective turned noted author and dog trainer, Carol Lea Benjamin, comes the fifth book in the critically-lauded Rachel Alexander mystery series, for the first time in mass market.

Sophie Gordon didn't let her epilepsy get in the way of her life as a teacher of deaf children. But without her trusty canine companion, an indispensable service dog named Blanche, she wouldn't be nearly as well-off. A service dog that can perform the difficult tasks that epilepsy requires--sensing when a seizure is about to occur and fetching life-saving medication--is extremely rare, so when a veterinarian's office promises that they can clone Blanche, Sophie jumps at the opportunity. Her former worries can now be put to rest, knowing that now she'll have a replacement for Blanche when the time comes.

But the puppy they provided didn't have what it takes to be a service dog, and when Sophie visits the vet to alert them of the problem, none of the staff is anywhere to be found--they've disappeared without a trace. To get to the bottom of this clone-by-night operation, Sophie hires P.I. Rachel Alexander and Dash, her pit bull partner. And two days after meeting with Rachel, Sophie is found dead, apparently of a seizure, but it didn't take Dash's sensitive nose to tell that something doesn't smell right, and that the missing vets definitely need further examination.

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, November 12, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (11/13/2012 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Adding this to the (current edition of) the Medicine Chest BookBox.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, January 18, 2013
Taken from the Medicine Chest Bookbox III with thanks.

This may turn out to be my New York book for NancyNova's 2013-2014 US states & territories reading challenge.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, December 15, 2013
An enjoyable read, and appropriate for the Medicine Chest not only beause of the cloning but for the seizure dogs.

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (12/20/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out in quietorchid's Medicine Chest IV.

Released for DragonGoddess's What's In A Name Challenge and my D for December challenge.

Journal Entry 9 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, January 25, 2014
I enjoyed this mystery that starts with the odd insistance that a loved aging service dog has been cloned. Story got a little convoluted in places, but over all marched along quite well, and the dog inclusions made sense (rather than just the 'awww cute' factor).

Journal Entry 10 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (1/25/2014 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Gave to a friend.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!