One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)

by Jeaniene Frost | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingThanksMomwing of Coolidge, Arizona USA on 10/21/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingThanksMomwing from Coolidge, Arizona USA on Thursday, October 21, 2010
I hope you enjoy the book. I like the series, collected most of them off of ebay. Plenty of surprises and suspense. Some fairly likeable characters balanced by some sleezy badguys.

Journal Entry 2 by wingThanksMomwing at Coolidge, Arizona USA on Thursday, March 22, 2012
Off to Washington state. Guess this might determine if you stick with them or not, eh?

Journal Entry 3 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Monday, March 26, 2012
This arrived in the mail today. I'm looking forward to starting this series. Probably will take me a little bit to get started in it, as I'm going on vacation next week (to Tucson) and like to take books that I'm ok wild releasing. Will probably start the first one after I get back.

Journal Entry 4 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Monday, May 7, 2012
To help ensure that things run smoothly (or that is the plananyhow), I've put together a few rough guidelines for this one. I know that some people take longer to read a book (busy, got a bunchof books to read before, work, kids, etc)...
1. Please try to have this book read within 3 weeks. I know thisisn't possible, but if you make an effort to try that is all I can ask.
2. Please journal when you receive the book.
3. When about halfway through, please contact the next person on the list for their mailing address.
4. Please journal again when you've read the book and it is on its way.
5. Have fun! Reading is supposed to be fun!

Sending order:
Aramena (OK)
carelaisa (Canada/US preferred)
Rrrcaron (NH/US preferred)
Bkind2books (TN, towards end)
penelopewanders (Switzerland/Europe)
footymadgill (UK)
Jonniboi (UK/UK preferred)
Ossiefry (Portugal)

Journal Entry 5 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Friday, May 11, 2012
I am really enjoying this series. I love Cat and Bones and all of her team. There is a good mix of characters to like and to hate. I had a hard time putting this one down!

Journal Entry 6 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (6/23/2012 UTC) at bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent off to the first reader in this bookring

Journal Entry 7 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Friday, June 29, 2012
Ooh, love the cover! Will be reading this over the weekend!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, July 8, 2012
I loved this book and I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

Bones. Aw, Bones. * sigh * Bones is the hottest, sexiest...words fail me. I love him. I do.

My thoughts are a little more in depth on my blog.

I may not get this in the mail to the next participant on next Friday - pay day. But I don't think the first one has arrived at it's destination yet anyway!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Friday, July 13, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (7/13/2012 UTC) at Moore, Oklahoma USA

Headed to carelaisa.

Journal Entry 10 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, July 25, 2012
rec'd today in the mail!

and, as it happens, another bookring came in - it's actually a trilogy - so I might take just a bit longer to read this book... but again, I might also start with one since I've been dying to read it!

Journal Entry 11 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Thursday, August 9, 2012
Finished reading it and... it lived up to the expectations I had! Still filled with fun, action and drama, as well romance, it keeps the reader on the edge and eager for more. I have nothing bad to say about it and can’t wait to read the 3rd book in the series!

It will go in the mail, to Rrrcaron, tomorrow!

EDIT: As of August 9th. it's now officially in the mail!

Journal Entry 12 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Monday, August 20, 2012
Received this book in the mail on Saturday. I've already started it!
Ruth

Journal Entry 13 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 24, 2012
Another great read. The ending really threw me!! Can't wait for the next adventure....
Contacting next reader.
Ruth

Journal Entry 14 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Monday, September 3, 2012
Came yesterday but late in journalling. Will start this one when I complete the other spirals and promised books ahead of it.

Thanks for sharing goaliegirl! Good luck with the move.

Journal Entry 15 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, September 27, 2012
As good as the first book - the pace doesn't let up and there's a good mix of action, attitude and a little romance. Bones and Cat are excellent together and I look forward to more of their interactions. Cat is a strong, take-no-prisoners heroine and Bones is an excellent character as well. The supporting cast is believeable and there are some developments that I'm sure will continue into future books in this series.

One quote I liked (and really it sort of sums up the entire theme in this novel):

"We are who we make ourselves to be, no matter what."

This will be heading out to penelopewanders soon as I already have her address.

Journal Entry 16 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, September 28, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (9/28/2012 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending to the next person in the spiral - penelopewanders. This is a good series so far - Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, October 5, 2012
The first two in this series have rolled up into the Alps - a few books idling in front of them, but a long train journey is scheduled towards the end of the month, so if I haven't been able to get to them before then, I can read them on the train. Thanks so much for making these available and sending!

Journal Entry 18 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, November 1, 2012
Continuous of this series. Cat has evolved quite a bit from the shy, ever-blushing character of the first book, and is now the hot-shot leader of the pseudo FBI special task force.
Great fun, I'm looking forward to the next.

Journal Entry 19 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Muswell Hill, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 1, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (10/30/2012 UTC) at Muswell Hill, Greater London United Kingdom

I read the first during a trip in Paris and finished this one on the Eurostar, so this was posted from London. Hopefully it will arrive soon and safely.
Thanks so much for making these available. Can't wait for the continuation!

Journal Entry 20 by footymadgill at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Books safely received. I have a couple to read in front but will get to them as soon as.

Journal Entry 21 by footymadgill at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, December 9, 2012
This one is definitely a step up on the first. I loved the characters, good and bad. Looking forward to the next one arriving!

Released 8 yrs ago (12/14/2012 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sending on to the next bookcrosser in the ring...I hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 23 by Jonniboi at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Received this ages ago, totally forgot to record that I have got it, this happens sometimes, sorry for worrying people. Will be getting around to this ASAP

Journal Entry 24 by Jonniboi at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 11, 2013
Just finished this, and I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it would take me a whole week, but I started it on Tuesday (I think, or was it Wednesday?) and finished it tonight, so 4-5 days, that was quicker than the last one.

I found it much more action-spilled and I could imagine everything. There was a few parts that still seemed a bit too quick, but it wasn't so bad, especially with the hardest parts.

A few new characters came into play, and I feel like I've been living this life for a month at least.

I would send out if I could, but still no address, I shall try again, you really can't ask enough times right? :)

Journal Entry 25 by Jonniboi at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (4/9/2013 UTC) at Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom

Sent this book off, it's now in the post!

All 3 books are on their way to Ossiefry :)

Journal Entry 26 by Ossiefry at Aljezur, Faro Portugal on Friday, April 19, 2013
Arrived safely, thanks!