The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

by Rebecca Skloot | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by bookbinderskid of Sedona, Arizona USA on 10/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by bookbinderskid from Sedona, Arizona USA on Saturday, October 16, 2010
This book is unbelieveable! Both of my daughters work in medical research and both of them have used HeLa cells. This book is about Henrietta Lacks, her family, and the cells she unknowingly contributed to science. She died in 1951 at the age of 31 and her family didn't know her cells were known and used worldwide until over 20 years after her death. This book is a tribute to her and I wishI could thank her in person!

Journal Entry 2 by bookbinderskid at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Saturday, October 16, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/12/2010 UTC) at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

I am releasing this to my daughter when we meet in Minneapolis. Hopefully, she'll read it and pass it along to my other daughter---both have used HeLa cells in their medical research.

Journal Entry 3 by bookbinderskid at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Thursday, November 18, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/15/2010 UTC) at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

I gave this to my daughter who has worked with HeLa cells.

Released 7 yrs ago (6/27/2011 UTC) at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, (Bangkok) Krung Thep Mahanakhon Thailand

my daughter released this book for me