In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 034911742X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLESEHESTwing of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 10/12/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingLESEHESTwing from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Precious Ramotswe, traditionally built proprietor of the famous No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency is finally married to Mr J.L.B. Matekoni of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors, the agency is busy and life couldn't be better.

Well...it could, actually. Not only has Mma Ramotswe suffered a mishap - a collision between het tiny white van and a bicycle - but she's also having to deal with a major personality clash between her assistant Mma Makutsi and Charlie, one of the garage apprentices. He is enraptured by a fast piece with a Mercedes, and everyone knows where that sort of thing can lead...

"The story unfolds a familiar gentle pace, rich with the rhytms of Africa, and evoking a powerful but simple morality: that sharing our hearts with each other improves us all"
Sunday Times

Journal Entry 2 by wingdutch-bookwing at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Lesehest, what a nice book! I'm very pleased with it. I will send you a PM when I've journaled both books.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, July 30, 2018
Finished this one today. It was an okay-read. Since I find these books okay and also am not really anticipating reading these books, I've decided that I won't read any more books in these series.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdutch-bookwing at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 04, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (7/7/2019 UTC) at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Naar de BC-meeting.

Journal Entry 5 by MMMaartje at IJsselstein, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, July 08, 2019
Took this home with me from Castricum. Looking forward to reading it! :)