A Wild Sheep Chase

by Haruki Murakami | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingEdwardstreetwing of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on 10/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingEdwardstreetwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, October 11, 2010

His life was like his recurring nightmare: a train to nowhere. But an ordinary life has a way of taking an extraordinary turn. Add a girl whose ears are so exquisite that, when uncovered, they improve sex a thousand-fold, a runaway friend, a right-wing politico, an ovine-obsessed professor and a manic-depressive in a sheep outfit, implicate them in a hunt for a sheep, that may or may not be running the world, and the upshot is another singular masterpiece from Japan's finest novelist.

Released 7 yrs ago (11/13/2012 UTC) at Bookcrossers letterbox in Calwell, Australian Capital Territory Australia

A Southern Cross Book Exchange release

Journal Entry 3 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, September 13, 2013
Like Murakami is the Master of magical realism, this book bookcrossed it's way across the ditch from NZ to my bookshelf and I can't remember when or how it made it's journey! I must have really had the wool over my eyes because it has just surfaced again in a surreal spring cleaning moment!
A very belated thanks to Edwardstreet!
Not only for the book, but also for the interruption to my spring cleaning :-)
I'd love to read it soon, but at my current rate hopefully I'll be able to get to it before next Spring's lambs are dropping (NZ/AUS lame Sheep in-joke).
:-)