The Code of the Woosters

by P. G. Wodehouse | Humor |
Registered by SophieMops of Karlskoga, Värmland Sweden on 10/10/2010
Journal Entry 1 by SophieMops from Karlskoga, Värmland Sweden on Sunday, October 10, 2010
A typical Wodehouse book; a funny read, but it will not really change your life.

Journal Entry 2 by SophieMops at Värnamo, Småland Sweden on Sunday, October 10, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/11/2010 UTC) at Värnamo, Småland Sweden

Surprise for Kingfan30!

Journal Entry 3 by kingfan30 at Corby Glen, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 14, 2010
What a lovely surprise to come to after a long day at work, thank you so much x

6 Nov 12 - This is the first Wodehouse I have read and I have had several people at work say that they can't believe that I have not read anything by him before. One gentleman in-particular is a massive fan and has recommend other books which he thinks are better than this one, which got me thinking that maybe this is not the best place to start. Its not that I didn't enjoy this book, I found it rather amusing, although not laugh out loud funny, and I did think a few times that it might work better on TV or in a film. I could see what as going to happen before it did and I think this was my problem with it, there was no suspense at all. I will try further books by this author though, it was a light entertaining read

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (11/8/2012 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

On it way to America as a RABCK

Journal Entry 5 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, November 20, 2012
I received this in the mail from in kingfan30 of LIncolnshire, UK along with a beautiful postcard of a country manor that reminds me of Jane Austen.

Thank you so much for mailing this, kingfan30. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by tabby-cat-owner at Bellingham, Washington USA on Thursday, October 08, 2020
So many times when I was reading this book I wondered why Bertie bothered with the ridiculously stupid people that he engaged with. Apparently, they were friends as children in expensive private schools (or public schools if you are in England). There were others, adults that behaved as ignoramuses, the stupidity made worse because they had power they could inflict others causing great inconvenience at best and selfishly-imposed damage at worse, power inflicted with no concern for the welfare of others. (I am thinking of the host of the house where Bertie is invited by his friend, Gussie (short for Augustus) to help save his upcoming wedding to the daughter of a tyrant. Perhaps, I am too serious, but the story got more and more convoluted as adults fight over a silver creamer in the shape of a cow and the younger folks are stealing the helmet of a policeman, and the host who happens to be a judge threatens to imprison Bertie for a month when he confesses to stealing the helmet to save the career of the curate who did steal the helmet. In the end, all is well because Bertie and Jeeves are able to blackmail and threaten lawsuit (for unlawful imprisonment). I was merely irritated as the silver cow creamer and helmet passed hands many times. I did admire Bertie for not wringing the necks of the ridiculous people around him. I was glad and worn out by the end of the book and glad that it all ended well for Bertie with the cow silver creamer in the hands of his Aunt and Uncle who collects silver and Bertie free to walk and not spend a month in prison and the silly young people all able to get married after all.

This book was left in the Little Free Library in the parking lot next to the basketball courts. It was released for the 52 Towns in 52 Weeks release challenge.