At Bertram's hotel

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingpippiswing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 12/27/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, December 27, 2016
An old-fashioned London Hotel is not quite as reputable as it makes out… When Miss Marple comes up from the country for a holiday in London, she finds what she’s looking for at Bertram’s Hotel: traditional decor, impeccable service and an unmistakable atmosphere of danger behind the highly polished veneer. Yet, not even Miss Marple can foresee the violent chain of events set in motion when an eccentric guest makes his way to the airport on the wrong day…

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing at Miitti / Meet-up in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, January 13, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (1/14/2017 UTC) at Miitti / Meet-up in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

A classic looking for a new reader at local meet-up!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, January 15, 2017
Picked this up at the meet-up, to be released elsewhere later...

Journal Entry 4 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, October 02, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/2/2017 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Travelling to a sweepstakes winner. Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, October 13, 2017
Thank you for sending me this book from my wishlist. I have been a fan of Agatha Christie almost as long as I have been a fan of reading.

Updated Oct 24, 2017

As good as any Agatha Christie's mysteries. I enjoyed this one a lot.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmcsarwing at Tea & Mystery!, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 12, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (11/14/2017 UTC) at Tea & Mystery!, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

Going to the winner of the Tea and Mystery Sweepstakes. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 21, 2017
I thought I'd received all the tea and mystery sweep books but I must have miscounted as this arrived today! Another perfect choice, an Agatha Christie that I haven't read and haven't got!! Thank you for sending this and for the lovely selection of teas (the maple ones smell amazing!) and labels.

Thank you even more for organising this round of the sweep and for keeping me on track with the etiquette as a new participant. All much appreciated.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 14, 2018
At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie - Good

I needed something lightweight, in both senses, to read whilst running round the Festival and this fitted the bill admirably.

Miss Marple is visiting London for a break and staying at Bertram's Hotel. A lovely Edwardian hotel, still living up to those standards... but it is now the swinging sixties. Just how and why is this pretence going on?

Meanwhile the police are scratching their heads about a series of major robberies/heists. When an absent minded clergyman goes missing from Bertram's and is seen nearby one of these heists..... Could there be a link?

Totally different from the TV version, Miss Marple really isn't at the forefront of the story - she's just the watchful eyes and listening ears that piece everything together and help the Police come to the right conclusions.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCassandra2020wing at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (9/19/2018 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Released to obcz

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 10 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, December 07, 2018
Retrieved from obcz

Journal Entry 11 by wingCassandra2020wing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (12/9/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Bringing to the Old Gang meetup if no one wants it I will leave it on the obcz shelf. It's on the right hand side of the Café Bar on a window sill.

Journal Entry 12 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 09, 2018
Picked up at the meetup, thanks.
Update: enjoyable as ever. It’s the first time I’ve read an Agatha Christie book where I remember an event mentioned in it - The Great Train Robbery.

Journal Entry 13 by Triggerfish at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 08, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2019 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing!
Please leave a journal entry to say that you have the book - anonymously if you wish.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 14 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 08, 2019
Not picked up at the meetup and we couldn't leave books behind this month because of their Christmas decorations, so it slipped into my bag.