One for the Money

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Sherri5762 of Houston, Texas USA on 7/22/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Tuesday, July 22, 2003
The first foray into the world of Stephanie Plum. She becomes a bounty hunter, meets Joe Morelli (again), Ranger and Lulu, and captures a real bad guy named Benito Ramirez! Exciting and quick to read!!

Journal Entry 2 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, July 30, 2003
This book and the other 7 will be going out on a journey across the country in a book ring. Please PM me or e-mail me (Sherri5762@aol.com) if you are interested in joining.

Here is the list of where the box is going so far:

Reader1212 - WA
lisabb2 - Iowa
martie-kr = OH
InAPerfectBind - PA
jamieh2003 - WV
Rojeli - TN
Lorelei03 - NY
Back to me -- Sherri5762 - TX

I will be getting these books started on their way on Monday, August 11.

BC Screenname - Sherri5762
Sherri5762@aol.com

Journal Entry 3 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 13, 2003
The box was mailed out on 8/11 to Reader1212!

Journal Entry 4 by reader1212 from Federal Way, Washington USA on Wednesday, August 20, 2003
I rec'd the box. I am about 1/3 through another book and then I will start on these books. I have already read 1 & 2, so I will start on 3. I will journal more when I finish one.

Journal Entry 5 by reader1212 from Federal Way, Washington USA on Saturday, November 01, 2003
Going out in the mail today with the other 7 in a ring.

Journal Entry 6 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Wednesday, December 10, 2003
I got this book of Janet Evanovich books over a month ago but didn't get to them right away due to a family illness. Now I'm eagerly reading away and trying to catch up on my journal entries.

I'm really enjoying this series. I love a female main character and love her wit and dumb luck in finding her man. In this case, old flame, Joe Morelli. I love the whole interaction of the characters and anxiously look forward the reading more in the series.

Journal Entry 7 by Martie-Kr from Mentor, Ohio USA on Friday, January 09, 2004
Received in the mail and will begin them this weekend.

Journal Entry 8 by Martie-Kr from Mentor, Ohio USA on Saturday, January 10, 2004
Started this book around 4:00 on a break at work and finished it up in the early evening. Fast, easy read.

This is my first Stephanie Plum book and I did get quite a few chuckles out of it. Snappy dialogue, good character interaction, and the plot wasn't bad either. Stephanie reminded me of the Kinsey Milhone character only on hormones!

Light entertaining reading for a cold winter night. Look forward to reading the rest.

Journal Entry 9 by Martie-Kr from Mentor, Ohio USA on Wednesday, February 11, 2004
Mailed today to the next person on the list, InAPerfectBind.

Journal Entry 10 by InAPerfectBind from Littlestown, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, April 07, 2004
I really enjoyed getting to know Stephanie Plum in this first book of the series! She really reminds me of Kinsey Milhone, in fact I think they’d get along like a house afire. And I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume Stephanie was inspired by Kinsey (one series titled by the alphabet, one by numbers? yeah, okay). But, so what? She’s plucky and I liked her a lot.

Sure, some of the plot twists were a little convenient. Like when Mooch Morelli showed up in the apartment parking lot just as Stephanie was trying to figure out what to do next. Like when Morty Beyers bought the farm. Like when Stephanie was out of money again and the elderly nudist FTA turned out to live in her apartment building.

But what the heck? I liked the way we see Stephanie develop throughout this book. How she starts out wearing suits to look professional and ends up in shorts and t-shirts because they are so much more practical. How she realizes that if she’s going to keep doing this she needs help (Ranger and Eddie), practice (shooting range), and exercise.

I admire her courage and they way she was willing to dive right in, even though she acknowledged she didn’t know what the heck she was doing. But she’s no Rambo, and I’m glad she hasn’t proved to be invincible.

There’s a sticky note in the book saying we should let Sherri5762 know how long we’ll need to read the books. I really don’t know how to answer that. I got through the first three pretty quickly, but my mom is visiting now, so I may not get to the fourth until after Easter. Once I get started with a book, I finish in a few days, but it may sometimes take a while to get started on the next book. I’ll just try to finish as soon as I reasonably can.

Journal Entry 11 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, May 11, 2005
This book ring / box is being started up again after being stalled in PA for more than a year, thanks to CheriePie! She will be sending out the books in twos to the next in line and then we'll go from there!

Check out http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/1998955 for details.

Thanks CheriePie.

Journal Entry 12 by InAPerfectBind from Littlestown, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 21, 2005

My deepest apologies to everyone on this ring: former and future readers, and especially Sherri5762. I _never_ meant to hang on to the books this long. This series is now on its way back to Sherri via the U.S. postal service.

Journal Entry 13 by Sherri5762 from Houston, Texas USA on Saturday, May 28, 2005
Rec'd back from InAPerfectBind. It had been in a bookbox / book ring with the others in the series that had gotten stalled out. These books have been replaced, and I'm not sure what I'll do with them now, maybe send them back in another ring? I'll decide and journal again.

Journal Entry 14 by rsyaya from Penitas, Texas USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Was in Houston on w/e of Feb. 23-26, 2007. Stopped at a Salvation Army store, picked up One & Two. Heard about S. Plum from a staffer during Nov. 2006 election in Mission, Tx.

I'm more of a sci-fi book reader, but this was a good quick read and after reading the "Plumography" seems like tv show "Moonlighting".