Half the Sky

Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 9/30/2010
Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, September 30, 2010
I bought this book having heard the authors interviewed on the BBC Woman's Hour (I think it was Woman's Hour). The book investigates the modern slave trade in women and girls who are trafficked as indentured prostitutes around the world.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 28, 2010
None of the information in this book came as a great surprise to me but having it collated and presented in such a way as being the almost systematic abuse and supression of women globally was quite arresting. I also liked the encouragement toward activism whether it be through email campaigns or volunteer programmes quite a good idea.

The footnotes didn't match up which annoyed me but otherwise, the book was great and i'd recommend it.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at Royal Festival Hall in South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, December 30, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (12/30/2010 UTC) at Royal Festival Hall in South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom

Left on a ballustrade on the third floor of the Southbank Centre before settling in for a production of Peter & the Wolf narrated by Jarvis Cocker. Royal Festival Hall was jumping with families out enjoying some seasonal culture.

I was going to save this book to release on January 11 which is Human Trafficking Awareness Day but hope this finds a new reader and potential activist before then.