Murder at Ford's Theatre

Registered by JudySlump612 of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 9/29/2010
Journal Entry 1 by JudySlump612 from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, September 29, 2010
This will be sent to Catwoman, winner of the summer 2010 audiobook sweepstakes. I chose it because it contains a detailed recapitulation of President Lincoln's assassination, one of the most tragic and bizarre incidents in US history.

The story is interesting - I'm proud that I spotted the murderer's identity fairly early on. All the characters have detailed, complex lives that add to the story. And while the reader, Richard Allen, isn't in the front ranks, he surprised me by doing a perfectly wonderful job on the plummy, pretentious voice of the aging Shakespearean actor.

Congratulations, Catwoman, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

Journal Entry 2 by JudySlump612 at Sweepstake, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (9/29/2010 UTC) at Sweepstake, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Mailed today to Catwoman

Journal Entry 3 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 31, 2010
This came in the mail while I was away this week. The back makes the story seem well-worth the listen, but the journal entry from JudySlump612 peaks my interest. Thank you so much for sharing this set with me.

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I liked the weaving in of the history of the setting. Overall I enjoyed the narrator.

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (10/24/2011 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Hope whomever finds this will enjoy it.