A Thousand Days in Venice (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

by Marlena de Blasi | Romance |
Registered by tranq1 of Tampa, Florida USA on 9/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Thursday, September 16, 2010
The author leaves her life in the US to go and marry a man she hardly know in Venice, and it works out fine.

Journal Entry 2 by tranq1 at Thegoaliegirl's Travel Narrative bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (9/16/2010 UTC) at Thegoaliegirl's Travel Narrative bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting in the Travel Narrative Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Sunday, October 31, 2010
This book arrived home in my travel narrative bookbox. I'm pretty sure I just picked up a copy of this book, so I'll be moving this one along, possibly in my next bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Tuesday, November 02, 2010
I don't have this one so it is going on my tbr pile.

Journal Entry 5 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Saturday, August 27, 2011
It took me a little bit to get into this book but once I did I was hooked. It was an interesting look at her life when she leaves everything behind in the US to move to Venice to be with a man she barely knows. I liked her writing style. It makes me want to go to Venice and always made me hungry.

Journal Entry 6 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 06, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (2/4/2012 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sent to bookstogive in exchange for postage

Journal Entry 7 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Friday, February 10, 2012
I received this great book from thegoaliegirl who was trying to lighten her load of books, I am happy to help out! On to MTR it goes and then it can continue it's travels.

Amazon Editorial Review
They had met and married on perilously short acquaintance, she an American chef and food writer, he a Venetian banker. Now they were taking another audacious leap, unstitching their ties with exquisite Venice to live in a roughly renovated stable in Tuscany.

Once again, it was love at first sight. Love for the timeless countryside and the ancient village of San Casciano dei Bagni, for the local vintage and the magnificent cooking, for the Tuscan sky and the friendly church bells. Love especially for old Barlozzo, the village mago, who escorts the newcomers to Tuscany’s seasonal festivals; gives them roasted country bread drizzled with just-pressed olive oil; invites them to gather chestnuts, harvest grapes, hunt truffles; and teaches them to caress the simple pleasures of each precious day. It’s Barlozzo who guides them across the minefields of village history and into the warm and fiercely beating heart of love itself.

A Thousand Days in Tuscany is set in one of the most beautiful places on earth–and tucked into its fragrant corners are luscious recipes (including one for the only true bruschetta) directly from the author’s private collection.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookstogivewing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Monday, December 05, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (12/5/2016 UTC) at Sugar Land, Texas USA

Released as a selection from the General Lit VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 9 by wingReadertoowing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017
I received this from the General Literature VBB! It arrived right after Christmas and I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing!