Eat, Pray, Love

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 9/10/2010
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, September 10, 2010
I know this is a girl's book, but I still fancy it, and it was cheap, cheap, cheapedly, cheap, cheap at Smith's :)

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, January 20, 2011
(17/01/11) Finished in plenty of time (48 hours!) before the splinter book group....now for some pithy erudite questions??

Eat Pray Love or, amongst the alternative titles discussed at our book group; Eat Pray Sell-out, or Eat Pray Love S**t! This is a bit unfair, and I think after a while talking mostly seriously about the underlying sub-text of the book (I jest), we did start to slag it off. To be honest I found this less annoying than I expected, or at least the parts of the book about travel and other religions & cultures. Gilbert as a person/personna started to grate, especially the whole Felipe ‘love’ conclusion.

My favourite quote, which I think EG attributed to someone else, [in India] “Don’t touch anything but yourself.” Wise words indeed from a bit of a bubblegum book.

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, January 20, 2011
I'm holding this back for 1 of a number of potential loans, or rather gifts :)

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, February 04, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/9/2011 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

I'm passing this on to my DD, studying in Lancaster but meeting up in Birmingham. Here's hoping you will let this go after a few bookcrossing false starts!