Lullabies for Little Criminals

by Heather O'Neill | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmarmee463wing of Templestowe, Victoria Australia on 9/8/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingmarmee463wing from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, September 08, 2010
This is an excellent first novel. Even though it is a work of fiction I found it very plausible and complelling reading, I put this down to, not only Heather's writing style but also, the fact that Heather has grown up in Montreal and has obviously observed many of the experiences she has written about. The story really had an impact on me, for example, I was soooo relieved when Baby was finally able to escape Alphonse's clutches, just loved that bit! Well worth reading.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 28, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/29/2010 UTC) at Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Posting to the winner of the Happy Smile Day draw.

Journal Entry 3 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Tuesday, December 07, 2010
I have read this recently, so will pass on to someone else to appreciate.

Journal Entry 4 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/12/2011 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Thankyou for choosing this book on the OZ VBB. I hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by jeniwren at Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Friday, January 21, 2011
Received as my choice from the OZVBB and please to see this was shortlisted for the Orange Prize which usually guarantees a worthwhile read.

Journal Entry 6 by jeniwren at Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, August 13, 2017
This story was quite sad and an authentic look into the lives of those struggling in the lowest depths of society. Makes you appreciate having a normal upbringing with loving parents.

Journal Entry 7 by jeniwren at Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, August 13, 2017
Posting in the next few days to Canada for a tag game recipient.

Journal Entry 8 by mcsar at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, August 31, 2017
Thank you jeniwren. The book arrived quickly. This Canadian novel seems to have a great run in your country and is now coming home to Canada.

PS. Thank you for the super cute bookmark and the book label.

Updated November 17, 2018
Loved it. What happened was heartbreaking and sad. I rooted for Baby the whole time. A compelling and powerful book that will stay with me for a while.

Journal Entry 9 by mcsar at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 30, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (11/30/2018 UTC) at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner/decoy of the Music Sweepstakes. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 17, 2018
'Wonderful to find this book in our rural mailbox today! I have heard so much about it. Just one thing: I am confused about being told I am the "Winner of the Music Sweepstakes". I was sent an email back in Nov., by bookwormess, with the name and address of someone in Canada - and was told that that person had won the Sweepstakes III. Now, I cannot remember under which Forum category the Sweepstakes thread is (nor even the contest details!!)....so could somebody straighten me out? I am very confused! Thanks! And thank you in the meantime, mcsar for sending me this book all the way from WA, USA.