Seventyseven Clocks

by Christopher Fowler | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingPierre42wing of Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on 9/6/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingPierre42wing from Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, September 06, 2010
This is one of those humorous books I thought I'd like a bit better than I actually did, still, there is quite a lot to like. The author has a lot of fun with old crime and thriller tropes, combined with more modern sentiments. The background is 1973, when the UK is defined by strikes and shortages. An old aristocratic family is under attack. The Peculiar Crimes Unit, fronted by a rather peculiar duo, must investigate these cases.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPierre42wing at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, September 06, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (9/6/2010 UTC) at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway

Controlled release to Mirthful at BC meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by mirthful at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Thursday, September 09, 2010
Picked it up at the BC meetup in Oslo. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by mirthful at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Saturday, September 25, 2010
Entertaining mystery with a clever solution. The storytelling was not quite as clever as the plot, but I wouldn't mind reading more Bryant and May mysteries. Will bring to a meetup in Mainz, Germany, this evening.

Journal Entry 5 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, September 27, 2010
Yup, bringing it to the meetup was a very good idea. :-) It's staying on a bookshelf in Mainz now, until I get around to reading it. I'll make sure it keeps travelling the world, though.

Journal Entry 6 by justin23 at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, February 21, 2011
Hmm, maybe I wasn't in the right mood when I tried to read this, but I found the plot clichéd and the female lead pathetic, so gave up on it after a chapter or two. It's a real shame all the books mirthful logged all the way from Norway to Germany seem to leave me unread, but as I said, I'll make sure it keeps travelling. :-)

The book is coming to the next MainzUp with me.

Journal Entry 7 by wingd-vinelandwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Mmmh. Let's see. Took it home because of the cover (*harharhar*).

Some time later: Nice one! And I would like to read another one from Christopher Fowler.
I found the title a bit misleading. There aren't any clocks in it for a long while. And it's not what you would call a very rational book.

Released 6 yrs ago (7/26/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Reist in der GEFÄHRLICHEN BÜCHERBOX: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/11179990

Travels in the DANGEROUS BOOKBOX

Journal Entry 9 by wingtayjanwing at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, August 03, 2012
The book sounds interesting and will stay here.

Journal Entry 10 by wingtayjanwing at Neuss, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
This detective story was really queer. After 100 pages I still didn't have the slightest idea how all the curious incidents could fit together. But besides I found the writing really tiring. There were funny ideas, but they were few. In the end I wasn't even interested how it turned out.