High Fidelity

by Nick Hornby | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by swan-scot of Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/19/2003
Journal Entry 1 by swan-scot from Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 19, 2003
A humourous, if somewhat trite, story about love, relationships and life.

Journal Entry 2 by swan-scot at on Sunday, August 24, 2003
Released on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at East Mount Lowther in Wanlockhead, Dunfries & Galloway Scotland.

The book was left on the summit viewpoint indicator about 3.30pm today. The summit is just off the route of the Southern Upland Way LDP, but I hope some walker will detour to this viewpoint and find the book.

We took a short walk from the village of Wanlockhead--the highest village in Scotland at 467m or 1531ft--up to the summit of Lowther Hill. I decided against leaving the book on this hill, however, as the summit houses one of the 'golf ball' aircraft radar tracking stations. A short walk SW takes you to the summit of East Mount Lowther at 630m or 2048ft.

Although East Mount Lowther is just a wee bittie hill, I include this release in my Books on Bens project, see my bookshelf

Journal Entry 3 by explorer-21 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 25, 2003
Picked up book today at about 1:00pm on top of east mount lowther. Had a nice walk and did four donalds. Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but hopefully i'll be able to help it on its journey, maybe onto a much bigger hill.....

Journal Entry 4 by explorer-21 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 10, 2003
Enjoyed the book, although it is not of the genre that i would normally go for. It was funny but not hilarious, and gave a slightly confused view of life. It has now been re-released to carry on its journey. On 2nd September, It was left on the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (5895m, Highest mountain in Africa, most prominant mountain in the world). Hopefully this will help it to continue its world hopping, I only hope whoever picked it up could speak english.

Journal Entry 5 by explorer-21 at Summit in Uhuru Peak, Mt Kilimanjaro Tanzania on Wednesday, September 10, 2003
Released on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at Summit in Uhuru Peak, Mt Kilimanjaro Tanzania.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, October 09, 2005
I'm a german physician spending a volontary year at the Kibosho Hospital here in Tanzania. Kibosho is situated on the south side of Mount Kilimanjaro a few kilometres north of Moshi.
I got this book from a patient who gave it to me as a reward for helping her. It was really sweet. I didn't want to take it first but she said she wasn't able to read it anyway and pointed out the stickers inside. Thus I learned about bookcrossing. I literally had to laugh out loud. Funny concept! And the book travelled all the way from Scotland and then right on top of Mount Kilimanjaro. Wow! A place I've always wanted to go but still haven't managed. I wonder how she got hold of the book? I can't ask her anymore, though, since she already left the hospital.
I'm not a big reader but as I'm doing night shift right now (thankfully it's pretty quiet) I'll give it a try.
Thanks for the book! It looks a bit battered but still ok. If I'm allowed to leave another message I'll try to update you on its further travels.

CAUGHT IN KIBOSHO KILIMANJARO TANZANIA