Flower Net

by Lisa See | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0-06-109543-5 Global Overview for this book
Registered by ravencat of Buffalo, New York USA on 9/3/2010
Journal Entry 1 by ravencat from Buffalo, New York USA on Friday, September 3, 2010
From the cover: The first body was found in ice: the U.S. ambassador's son,entombed in a frozen lake outside Beijing's Forbidden City.Thousands of miles away,in the heat-baked hold of a Chinese smuggling ship,another corpse is uncovered, this one a Red Prince, a scion of Chinese political elite. Suspecting the deaths are linked, the American and Chinese governments pair ambitious attorney David Stark and brilliant detective Liu Hulan to uncover a killerand a conspiracy. This debut thriller is a standout....Complex and exciting....Cleverly confounds readers expectations.

Update 19 March 2012:

This story which was set in Beijing brings together a Chinese cop and an American D.A. who try to solve a string of murders while intertwining with Chinese history and loyalty. A great story, well written and definitely a page turner!

I am offering this as an Intl. Bookray.

The usual bookray rules apply but check mailing list as it may change with added participants and mailing preferences. The last person on list is free to do as they wish with the book.

1. Pam99 (UK) Int ship
2. Icila (France) Int ship
3. Appelsiini (Finland) Int ship
4. emmmersss (US) US/CAN ship <~~~~Stalled Here 31 July 2012
5. carelaisa (CANADA) CAN/US ship

Journal Entry 2 by ravencat at Lancaster, New York USA on Friday, March 30, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (3/28/2012 UTC) at Lancaster, New York USA

On its way to first participant(Pam99) in this bookray:)

Journal Entry 3 by pam99 at Troon, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 14, 2012
the book has arrived safely - apologies for the delay in journalling this, but I'm just back from visiting family over Easter. I'm midway through a book just now and will read this next.

Journal Entry 4 by pam99 at Troon, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 17, 2012
A fast-paced mystery/thriller, with really interesting insights into Chinese culture and history. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, thank you ravencat for sharing! Mailing to icila today.

Journal Entry 5 by pam99 at Troon, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (4/17/2012 UTC) at Troon, Scotland United Kingdom

mailed to icila

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, April 27, 2012
The book was waiting for me to come back from the windy but sunny seaside. Thanks Pam!

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, May 18, 2012
A frightening journey inside the China.

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, May 21, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (5/21/2012 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Finland. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, May 25, 2012
It's here! Just received another bookring so it may take a bit longer, but I'll try to be quick! :D Thanks for sending!

Journal Entry 10 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, July 2, 2012
Just came home from a little holiday and finished this one on our four-hour drive home. This was an exciting story full of action and nice twists. This book also introduced some interesting Chinese habits and parts of Chinese culture, I liked those! I have read one other book from Lisa See and enjoyed it, it was nice to notice that also this book was gripping and fast to read although from totally different genre!

Thanks for sharing this book! With this book I'm also attending Different Cultures -reading challenge in Finnish forum.

Journal Entry 11 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (7/3/2012 UTC) at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

On it's way!

Journal Entry 12 by emmmersss at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Received these past weekend! I'll start reading it tonight! Thanks for sending it on its way Appelsiini!