The Sisterhood

by Michael Palmer | Audiobooks |
Registered by k00kaburra of San Jose, California USA on 9/1/2010
Journal Entry 1 by k00kaburra from San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Bought in a lot on eBay.com.
Didn't listen to this one.

From AudioFile
This hospital murder mystery packs a sinister punch when a dedicated doctor runs into a nursing society dedicated to the proposition that patients should be helped to die. This Sister Hood of Life (read euthanasia) strikes a blow for their mission while the Sister Hood of the Garden performs murder for hire disguised to look like euthanasia. J. Charles does an able job keeping the characters distinct while pacing his narration to the action. The abridgment fragments the secondary plot that periodically breaks into the main story. M.B.K. © AudioFile 2003, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine

Journal Entry 2 by k00kaburra at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (3/9/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Added to indygo88's CD Audio Bookbox!

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Pulled this one out of indygo88's CD-only Audiobookbox. Plan to listen to soon.

Journal Entry 4 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Thursday, April 21, 2011
I'm not real familiar with "medical" mystery thrillers as a whole, but this one had my attention from start to finish, hands down.
Apparently it was written maybe thirty years ago and recorded 20 years after that - didn't find that out till I got to the end.
Euthanasia and "mercy killing" have prompted spriited discussion for some time now - I recall recently reading Kellerman's Dr. Death which wasn't as good as this one.
Mioght have to seek out other works by this author - have never heard of him.

Will put this into the next audiobookbox that comes my way......

Released 9 yrs ago (5/17/2011 UTC) at BigJohnLefty's Another AudiobookBox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

It's time to set this one free -- enjoy!

This is going into my CD-only Audiobookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, June 01, 2011
It always amuses me when books I've previously seen/owned/read briefly return to me through bookboxes. It's like when you used to be able to go to the library and pull out the check-out record from inside the book, and see your name from several years before or see a friend who read the book after you. Ah, life before computers seems so nostalgic now...

Anyway.

This book enjoyed a brief visit in San Jose, California before continuing its visit in BigJohnLefty's Another Audiobookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 07, 2011
Removed from BigJohnLefty's Another Audiobookbox

Journal Entry 8 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 28, 2011
I thought an update on the status of this audiobook might be appreciated.

I put the first CD in my player today.

I have listen to at least two other Michael Palmer Murder Mysteries this year The Last Surgeon and Second Opinion. I have enjoyed his works so far.

Journal Entry 9 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 04, 2011
I finished listening to this on the way back from myy sister's.

It was a good listen and I enjoyed it. Despite the book being written in the 1980s, it is still a timely discussion as not much as changed in US society about how to treat the terminally ill.

Journal Entry 10 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (11/27/2011 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

Released to Booklady331's CD ONLY Audio Book Box

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Arrived home in my CD only audio bookbox. I am trying to decide what to do next. I read this book years ago.

Enjoy! Adding back to round 6 of my CD only bookbox. Trust it finds a new listener. I have already read this book. I enjoy Michael Palmer, so hopefully, this book finds a new home.

Journal Entry 13 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, January 29, 2012
Removing from booklady's bookbox. I've read one or two of Palmer's medical thrillers in the past, although it's been a while. This might be a nice time to revisit him.

Journal Entry 14 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Journal Entry 15 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, November 09, 2012
Eh....I'm lukewarm on this one. The storyline was interesting enough, but something didn't sit well with me to make this one memorable. I think it was a combination of things: the reader (too formal), the abridgement, and the writing in general. It wasn't enough to put me off of medical thrillers, but not one of my favorites.

Journal Entry 16 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Thursday, May 16, 2013
Going to place this one in for another round....any takers??

Journal Entry 17 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, November 16, 2013
Taken from BigJohnLefty's CD box with thanks; looks like this one has made the rounds already!

Abridged on 5 CDs; read by J. Charles.

Journal Entry 18 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (4/16/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Off and running in booklady331's CD audio box.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 19 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Visiting us with a lot of friends in booklady331's "CD Only" Book Box. (Link) We haven't chosen this set, so it's going back into the box! Happy travels!

Journal Entry 20 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, July 18, 2014
Arrived home in my CD only bookbox. I already read the book so I will find this one a new home.

Journal Entry 21 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, February 12, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (2/12/2015 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! off to Aberpeter to enjoy

Journal Entry 22 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015
the book is here. Thank you.

Journal Entry 23 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Thursday, October 22, 2015
The Sisterhood is my first experience with a Michael Palmer novel and I did enjoy listening to the story during my commute. It held my attention even though the storyline was somewhat predictable.

Journal Entry 24 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Saturday, November 07, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (11/6/2015 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

sending to dabercro

Journal Entry 25 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, November 16, 2015
Arrived in the mail today. Thanks, Aberpeter!

Journal Entry 26 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, May 24, 2016
I think this is my first Palmer book. It was interesting enough book about a still controversial subject, mercy killing. The book felt a little choppy in places since it was an abridgement.

Journal Entry 27 by dabercro at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, August 24, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (8/24/2020 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

RABCK sent to HI77 in FL.

Journal Entry 28 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2020
Like the short life

of a tiny mayfly's time here,
the people drop silently out.