The Penelopiad: The Myth of Penelope and Odysseus (Canongate Myths)

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1841957046 Global Overview for this book
Registered by chocdrop of Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 8/1/2010
Journal Entry 1 by chocdrop from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 01, 2010
From the back cover:

"For Penelope, wife of Odysseus, maintaining a kingdom while her husband was off fighting the Trojan war was not a simple business. Already aggrieved that he had been lured away due to the shocking behaviour of her beautiful cousin Helen, Penelope must bring up her wayward son, face down scandalous rumours and keep over a hundred lustful, greedy and bloodthirsty suitors at bay...

And then, when Odysseus finally returns and slaughters the murderous suitors, he brutally hangs Penelope's twelve beloved maids. What were his motives? And what was Penelope herself really up to? Margaret Atwood has given Penelope a realistic and witty voice to tell her own story and set the record straight for good."

Journal Entry 2 by chocdrop at on Saturday, March 12, 2011
Not really my cup of tea, but it was a quick read.

Journal Entry 3 by chocdrop at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/12/2011 UTC) at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sent to my recipient in the 2011 International Women's Day Book Exchange.

Journal Entry 4 by uppity at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on Friday, March 18, 2011
What a wonderful surprise. received 2 books . Margaret Atwood one of my favourite writers and I have not read this one. The other one that I can't wait to read. "My life as a Traitor"
International Women's Day Exchange.
Thank you so much chocdrop.
To the top of TBR it goes.

Journal Entry 5 by uppity at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, April 06, 2011
This was a quick read and held my attention. A wonderful way about Greek Mythology as seen through a woman's eyes.
Thank you chocdrop I will release it in the Never Judge a Book by its Cover Challenge or the Canada Day Challenge whichever comes first.

Journal Entry 6 by uppity at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada on Friday, June 10, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (6/10/2011 UTC) at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada

This book is going to the winner of the International Canadian Literature Sweepstakes
Enjoy.

swf" />

[Enjoy
A Random Act of Book Kindness

Uppity

Journal Entry 7 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 06, 2011
Wow! Another surprise in my mailbox today. I haven't read much Margaret Atwood, so I will surely read and release for next year's Canada Day Release challenge.

Thank you so much for not only the book, but the nice collection of BC stickers!

Cheers!

Released for the 2016 Canada Release Challenge

Hello and congratulations!

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing Fracula as referring you.

If it's not your cup of tea, pass it on and consider this as your invitation to the wonderful world of BookCrossing!

Enjoy. Good Book Karma to You!