Out From Boneville, Bone volume 1

by Jeff Smith | Graphic Novels |
Registered by snufkin81 of Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on 8/1/2010
Journal Entry 1 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Sunday, August 01, 2010
The first volume of my all-time favourite graphic novel series, Bone. Found it on sale, so I had to buy two copies, one for me (although I already have the omnibus...) and one to release.

Enjoy!! :D

Released 9 yrs ago (8/1/2010 UTC) at Cape Town Intl Convention Centre in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

To release at the meetup at the CT Book Fair this afternoon.

Journal Entry 3 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Sunday, August 01, 2010
Took this home from today's meetup. Looks interesting!

Journal Entry 4 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Thursday, August 19, 2010
Enjoyed this a lot! It was my first introduction to Bone, and I'd like to read more of the series.

Journal Entry 5 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (10/5/2010 UTC) at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

Finally on the way to prachitulshan in India as a RABCK.

My book #35 for the Keep Them Moving challenge.

Journal Entry 6 by prachitulshan at New Delhi, Delhi India on Sunday, March 06, 2011
I'm sorry this JE comes very late...I haven't been active since over 6 months due to continuously falling ill with one thing or another. Much better now, and hoping to get back to BC soon. Thank you so much klaradyn for sending this over! I shall read and pass on to my boyfriend who's a huge graphic novel fan, so it's actually a double rabck! :)

Journal Entry 7 by prachitulshan at rabck, by hand -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/6/2011 UTC) at rabck, by hand -- Controlled Releases

I read this the same night I journalled it and I wasn't disappointed. Finished the book at one go, a fun read that satisfies all the elements a good graphic novel is made of, including smooth artwork. Passed this on to ecuas who's the biggest graphic novel fan I know and who's been wanting to read this one for a while. Thanks klaradyn for the double rabck! We're going to search out and read the entire series.

Journal Entry 8 by ecuas at Pune, Maharashtra India on Sunday, March 27, 2011
My girlfriend passed this on to me...I have wanted to read this series since long! Love the book, the cover and all the artwork is beautiful. The witty dialog and the very likable lead character make this just a ton of fun. The world, the wise dragon, the villains and also the map....everything is just very fantastical and funny at the same time!
Have started to search my local bookshops for the other books in the series and hope to find em all soon!

Journal Entry 9 by prachitulshan at New Delhi, Delhi India on Wednesday, December 07, 2011
This arrived home when I was out of town...thanks to it being stuck for days in a courier consignment due to some problems. My plans for sending it out thus got much delayed, but finally it's here and will be on its way to Europe soon!

Released 7 yrs ago (12/8/2011 UTC) at Manga/Graphic Novel Sweepstakes, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Finally on its way to the winner of the 2nd Manga/Graphic Novel Sweepstake hosted by hakkalina. Sorry for the delay...hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 11 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, December 17, 2011
WOW, this book has really travelled! Thank you Prachitulshan and ecuas for sending the book my way! It's very much appreciated :) I do know the Bone character, but amazingly enough have never read one strip. It's high time to get familiar with it!

Journal Entry 12 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, December 29, 2011
I loved the album! Just absolutely brilliant stuff with all the weird characters! Annoying cousing, amusing cousin, pretty girl, cool dragon, mystical ratgang leader - this one has it all. I'm really glad that prachi got me acquainted with Bone! And now I've added all the other albums to my wishlist....

Edit: Just found out theseries have been translated and published in Finnish too. It goes by the name Luupäät (Boneheads) but the albums are in b&w, boooring...

Journal Entry 13 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (3/29/2012 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Book is travelling to the next winner of Manga/Graphic Novels Sweeps! Congratulations and Happy reading!

Journal Entry 14 by miumaumou at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Saturday, March 31, 2012
Thank you, pippis! This wasn't the only graphic novel you sent to me, was it. :)
This looks very interesting, especially that white guy is fascinating, like a tiny tooth...
Thank you so much pippis, once again...

Journal Entry 15 by miumaumou at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Friday, March 29, 2013
This was great! I just loved it! When a book is made of humor, excitement, good drawing and great story, nothing can go wrong. I really enjoyed reading this. Everything was so cute and beautiful, even those rat creatures were cute - in their own way... I have to put the rest of Bone series to my wishlist. :)

Journal Entry 16 by miumaumou at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (4/2/2013 UTC) at Pori, Satakunta Finland

Sent to the winner of the 4th Graphic Novel/Manga Sweeps. :)
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 04, 2013
Arrived safely in Helsinki today, thank you everybody for sharing!
My daughter said it looked familiar from somewhere, so it will go first to her, then to me and who knows who else ...
Seems like a very interesting comic!

Journal Entry 18 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 03, 2016
Got lost in the pile of books at home. Found it back when looking for some comics for a sweep. Loved the story, would be great to read the continuation one day too.
Thanks for sharing everybody!

Journal Entry 19 by winghippoleinwing at Kampin kauppakeskus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 07, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/7/2016 UTC) at Kampin kauppakeskus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

The book will be released on the 5th floor of Kamppi, in the place where we'll have a small meetup with bookcrossers

Journal Entry 20 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 07, 2016
When I was younger I read these comics in Finnish. I used to sit in the library and just read these. It's been so long and when I saw Bone in the meet-up I just had to grab this. And wow, this really has been travelling a lot!

Journal Entry 21 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 24, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/24/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'm sending this as a part of the comic/manga relay game. =)

Journal Entry 22 by Merolia at Halandri, Attica Greece on Sunday, August 07, 2016
Wow, this book has travelled really long! I took it out from the comic/manga/gr.novel relay game and left for vacations the same day, so this entry comes a little late. I loved it!! Definitely going to look out for the rest of the series.

I took the book with me on a sailing trip and it was a very fun company. Plus, everyone on board was asking about Bookcrossing! I'll help this book travel some more soon.