The Violent Earth

by Frank Lane | Outdoors & Nature |
Registered by dark-draco of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 7/29/2010
Journal Entry 1 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 29, 2010
I've owned this for a while, but have never actually read it. It was originally picked up at the local library sale.

Journal Entry 2 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 01, 2019
This was a surprisingly easy, enjoyable read. The author covers a lot and makes it all so interesting. Yes, it's a little out dated now in that it won't cover more recent natural disasters, but all the science is sound and the case studies are as scary to read now as they would have been then. My only niggle is the picture editor needed to have done a slightly better job - pictures of certain events don't appear on the page where they are described, so you do end up skipping back and forth a bit to find them. But on the whole the pictures chosen are fantastic and completely capture the power and awesomeness that this world can throw at us. Well worth the read.

Journal Entry 3 by dark-draco at Bench by duck pond in Hanley Swan, Worcestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (6/25/2019 UTC) at Bench by duck pond in Hanley Swan, Worcestershire United Kingdom

Congratulations! You have found a traveling book.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this site and letting us know what this book has been up to since it was released into the wild. I hope you enjoy reading it, but even if it isn’t your type of thing, then I’m sure there will be someone out there who will love it. This book is now yours, so feel free to keep it. However, I would be grateful if you could leave all the stickers in place and pass it on again once you’ve finished with it – you could give it to a friend, donate it to a charity shop or just leave it lying around somewhere to be picked up again by a total stranger. If you would like to get regular updates on what the book is doing in the future, then why not join Bookcrossing too…it’s fun, friendly and free.

Thanks again and happy reading!