Will: The Autobiography of G. Gordon Liddy

by G. Gordon Liddy | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 7/26/2010
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Monday, July 26, 2010
1981 Dell paperback of the 1980 memoir by the conservative icon and infamous Watergate figure. With center picture insert. I found this copy some months ago in the free books pile on the porch of Dimond Library.

Edit May 8, 2021: This is the most fascinating bio I have ever read. From the beginning of his childhood, it is clear that the man is inhumanly intense. He becomes very skilled, methodical and calculating, and is driven to extremes that almost nobody even attempts. He is highly intelligent, but by the Watergate plot years, it becomes evident that his big character flaw is sloppiness in mission procedure. It is quite bizarre, because he devotes totally unnecessary amounts of time and practice in calculating outrageous eventualities like having to kill, while completely bungling the laughably amateur moves that actually doomed the whole burglary mission by the team getting caught and traced back to the government. But then the book becomes completely riveting, as it gets into his prison years. And even the ending comes with a surprise action sequence. Just a great read overall, and I read it pretty much cover to cover, with just a bit of skimming during the rather dry and convoluted Watergate coverup details. Although this offers an interesting counterpoint to John Dean's memoir, which came out a few years earlier. I currently have this ranked at #997 on my ranked list of best-read books. A bit low only because it runs a bit longer than ideal.

Released 1 mo ago (5/9/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 5805 Merriewood Drive in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.