The Road

by Cormac McCarthy | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 7/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, July 24, 2010
Amazon:-
A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing; just a pistol to defend themselves against the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a cart of scavenged food—and each other.

The Road is the profoundly moving story of a journey. It boldly imagines a future in which no hope remains, but in which the father and his son, "each the other's world entire," are sustained by love. Awesome in the totality of its vision, it is an unflinching meditation on the worst and the best that we are capable of: ultimate destructiveness, desperate tenacity, and the tenderness that keeps two people alive in the face of total devastation.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Despite thinking that I wouldn't enjoy this book, I actually did!
A bit slow at times, but definitely worth reading.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 09, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/9/2015 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Sending to catsalive for the Australasia Wishlist Tag Game.
Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 4 by catsalive at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, March 19, 2015
Thanks for tagging me, keeta1. I like your label - what bird is that?