A Time to Kill

by John Grisham | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 7/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, July 24, 2010
Read this before & owned this copy a long time. Plan to re-read then release.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 02, 2011
This is one of my favourite Grisham books, one of his best (in my opinion). It never fails to move me. I think it is very well written. I like the build up to the court case, the way you get to look at what every one else is up to. This poor battered little copy is reserved for the lovely LittleSuz.

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, March 06, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (3/7/2011 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

This is going to LittleSuz in Scotland along with John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. Safe travels poor little battered Books. Hope you have some great new adventures.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 10, 2011
Thanks very much Shahrun. I look forward to this.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 04, 2011
Afraid this turned out not to be my thing, I didn't like any of the characters and 200 pages in, decided to pack it in. I thought Carl Lee Hailey's shooting of the two rapists was shameful rather than heroic. I can understand the level of emotion involved, but he had a duty to his vulnerable and damaged little girl. Despite knowing that murdering the men would mean he wasn't able to look after and provide for her (at least until the court case was over), he went and did it anyway. I got the impression that the crime was motivated by violent ego as much as desire for justice. And Jake the lawyer just exploited the situation for his own career.

Maybe the story tackled these issues head on later in the book, but I'd got to the point where I wanted to throw the book across the room so decided not to continue any further.

But thanks again to Shahrun for sending it on. I'm sorry I didn't like it!

Journal Entry 6 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 07, 2011
Left on a table at the end of an enjoyable evening this book, was "caught" [picked up] for re-distribution after the monthly Edinburgh Bookcrossing, Meet-up, Thursday 6th October, at Biblos Restaurant and Bar, 1 Chambers Street. A quanity of books were left on the bookshelves at Bilbos and this book I plan to release over the comming week, either at one of the two Official BookCrossing Zones in Edinburgh, or anywhere else that proves suitable.

Edinburgh's two Official BookCrossing Zones are
- The Always Sunday Cafe, High Street, or
- Canongate Books, Oliver & Boyd Building, Tweeddale Close, [off the High Street].

Journal Entry 7 by rainbow3 at Starbucks Hunter Square, Highstreet in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (10/12/2011 UTC) at Starbucks Hunter Square, Highstreet in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

This was left on a bookshelf in the upstairs section of Starbucks on the High Street this evening. Having nipped in to eat quickly while enroute to an AGM meeting it occurred to me that this book was still in my bag, one of six that were weighting it down notably. I’m hoping another passing reader is intrigued by bookcrossing :-)

WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!

We're a bunch of people who leave books for others to find and enjoy. I hope you find the idea of bookcrossing, and this book, entertaining and take a moment to jot down your comments here - it's free, and you can easily comment anonymously. When you're done with the book, please share it with others. Everyone deserves to find a bookcrossing book!

Happy Reading!