The Probable Future

by Alice Hoffman | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingzimortwing of Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway on 7/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingzimortwing from Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway on Saturday, July 24, 2010
I bought this on a holiday in Sweden a wile back. I have now read it and I liked it. I have not read anything by Hoffman earlier, maybe I should read something else by the same author.

From Amazon:
When the women in the Sparrow family reach thirteen, they develop a unique ability. In young Stella's case, the gift, which is both a blessing and a curse, is the ability to see a person's probable future. Stella foresees a gruesome murder, and tells her charming, feckless father about it, but it is too late - the murder has already been committed and suspicion falls on him.
Hoffman unlocks the caskets of family life and the secret history of a community in this magical story about young love and old love, about making choices - usually the wrong ones - about foresight and consequences, all suffused with the haunting scent of roses and wisteria, and the hum of bees on a summer evening.

Journal Entry 2 by wingzimortwing at Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/14/2012 UTC) at Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway

This was send to Canada as a RABCK earlier to day.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Thank you so much for this RABCK, zimort--and for the lovely postcard! I appreciate your generosity.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, December 22, 2017
This was an intriguing story about a family of women, each of whom develop some kind of gift, such as being able to see other people's dreams or other people's deaths.

I have offered this book in bookstogive's General Literature VBB.