Deadbeat (An Angela Matelli Mystery)

by Wendi Lee | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 7/23/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, July 23, 2010

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, August 02, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (8/2/2010 UTC) at Springville, Tennessee USA

RABCK to svoight.
One Word Title Challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Friday, August 06, 2010
Received from eponine38 from her One Word Title Rabck, thanks so much it looks great and I look foward to reading and passing it on.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Snellville, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (4/26/2012 UTC) at Snellville, Georgia USA

This book was selected from the Mystery/Thriller VBB, I hope you enjoy it!

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using meBOOKSTOGIVE
as your referring member.

Journal Entry 5 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Monday, April 30, 2012
Arrived in today's mail! Thanks !

Journal Entry 6 by Shroffland at Snellville, Georgia USA on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (5/10/2014 UTC) at Snellville, Georgia USA

A book I never got around to reading, so I'm passing it along in bookstogive's mystery VBB.

Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Thanks for sending me from Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB. This looks good!

Shroffland - Sorry you didn't get to read it. If you think that you might want to read this book let me know I can send it to you after I read it. :-)

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 22, 2014
Book #3 in the Angela Matelli Mystery series: Angela Matelli has a brownstone (and mortgage) in East Boston, a large, somewhat eccentric, extended Italian family, and a mother who wants nothing more than for her daughter to find the right man, settle down, and shut down her business. In her late twenties, having recently left the Marines, Angela is no scratching out a living as a private investigator on Boston's mean streets. Unlike in the movies, however, that means a lot of car repossessions and insurance investigations. So when Cynthia MacDonald wants Angela to find the person who is using her identity to run up fraudulent credit card bills, and ruining her credit rating in the process, she is in no position to refuse.

Angela finds it surprisingly easy to track the woman responsible for the "true-name" fraud of Cynthia MacDonald. Lisa Browning, however, is a single mother trapped in a financial bind, and Angela can't help but take pity on her. Instead of turning her in, Angela decides to give her a chance to roll over on the people above her in the fraud ring. But then Lisa Browning is murdered.

Feeling responsible, maybe a bit guilty, and definitely angry, Angela decides to go after the person who murdered Lisa Browning. The only problem is that it may well have been the person who hired Angela to find her in the first place.

My Review: This was a good one! I liked the Angela Matelli character, she has the typical Italian family, so that makes it funny. I would read more books in this series.

Saved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 08, 2014

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 03, 2015
This one hasn't been chosen in 2 rounds so I am making this one available.

Journal Entry 11 by JennyC1230 at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (9/9/2015 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent to authorauthor along with a Jane Austen RABCK to read, release, or use in a Little Free Library. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Thank you to JennyC1230 for sending this one! I've never read this author. I may read it first, and then release it somewhere (maybe in my own Little Free Library).

Released 5 yrs ago (1/3/2016 UTC) at BC-DC Meetup in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

For the Washington, D.C., area bookcrossing holiday party.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you pass it on to someone or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find, please make another journal entry or release notes here to explain that it's traveling to find another home.

You can remain anonymous on the website or join BookCrossing. Joining is free, safe, and spam-free and you'll get an e-mail every time a new person finds this book and logs in on the site to say so. You'll be able to watch it move around and find out where it's been and what other readers thought of it.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 14 by Ixion at Roy Rogers (Belle View) in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (1/16/2016 UTC) at Roy Rogers (Belle View) in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Hi! You've picked up a special book. This book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com. Visit my web site and see who has read me and all the interesting places I've been. Leave a message for those who follow and pick up this book after you.