corner corner Magic Study (Book 2 in The Study Trilogy)

Magic Study (Book 2 in The Study Trilogy)
by Maria V. Snyder | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by suedo of Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on 7/20/2010

status (set by JemmaJ): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by suedo from Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

one of 'the works' 3 for £5 selection, how could I resist?

Journal Entry 2 by suedo at Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I really enjoyed this one, will be looking for the next one next time i'm in a 'the works'.
will put on my Fiance's reading stack, then mums

Journal Entry 3 by suedo at Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, February 07, 2011

Fiance read it quite quickly. passing on to mum

Journal Entry 4 by suedo at Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, August 12, 2011

good but not one we'll keep. passing on to sandyundead

Journal Entry 5 by sandyundead at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, October 23, 2011

These three books were from Sue. They really surprised me because I got into them quickly. I’m reading The Satanic Verses at the same time, and it was too heavy to read in the back, so I picked up the easy paperbacks. You can see some of the mechanics, like the deliberate choice of cliffhanger at the end of each chapter and the repetition of old plot lines so that everyone can keep up, but mostly they made me laugh rather than annoying me. The stories were sufficiently gripping and really helped me switch off.

Journal Entry 6 by Katweeble at Wolverhampton, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 06, 2012

Passed to me by my daughter to add to Mount TBR

Journal Entry 7 by Katweeble at Wolverhampton, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, November 18, 2013

The second book in the series and just as difficult to put down. Yelena finds her birth family and the home she was taken from when she was kidnapped. Life continues to throw problems in her way but she is continuously resourceful- if a little rash at times- in resolving them. The clashes between the culture of the country in which she was reared and the one where she was born is handled well. In this case she is again dealing with powerful magicians, some of whom have horrible ways of developing their powers by preying on others, but there is lightness too. I especially like the as that relationships are developed with horses.

Journal Entry 8 by Katweeble at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (11/23/2013 UTC) at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taking it to the November Birmingham Bookcrossing meeting at the York Bakery Cafe where there is also an OBCZ

Journal Entry 9 by Megmac at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/9/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking along to the 2015 Bookcrossing Convention in Oxford, UK.

Journal Entry 10 by JemmaJ at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Grabbed from the Book Buffet...

Journal Entry 11 by JemmaJ at Towcester Mill Brewery OBCZ in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 19, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (1/28/2018 UTC) at Towcester Mill Brewery OBCZ in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Took to the monthly meet up at Towcester Mill OBCZ...