Solar

by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbronwynawing of Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on 7/17/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingbronwynawing from Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on Saturday, July 17, 2010
I usually love Ian McEwan novels and was really looking forward to his latest novel. The complexities and moral dilemmas of other novels are here in Solar, but apart from Michael Beard, the main character, being a thoroughly obnoxious person, this read does not leave you pondering or thinking through the positions posed like his previous works. Worth a read but not is best. Releasing at tomorrows meetup.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbronwynawing at Windows on the Bay in Mordialloc, Victoria Australia on Saturday, July 17, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (7/18/2010 UTC) at Windows on the Bay in Mordialloc, Victoria Australia

BC Meetup today

Journal Entry 3 by winglmn60wing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Monday, July 19, 2010
Pounced on this one straight away! I am a fan of McEwan's novels - and despite bronwyna's ambivalence will give this one a go! More later when it works its way up the mighty Mt To-be-read!

Journal Entry 4 by winglmn60wing at Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, March 23, 2019
Nope! With bronwyna on this one - didn't enjoy this one - and actually didn't finish it! Hopefully a new reader will enjoy this more than we did!

Journal Entry 5 by winglmn60wing at Henry and the Fox in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, March 23, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (3/24/2019 UTC) at Henry and the Fox in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, lmn60, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 26, 2019
Caught at Meetup

Journal Entry 7 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 30, 2019
I agree with my fellow Bookcrosser ‘s this is not one of McEwan’s best, but interesting and intriguing none the less. The main character, Michael Beard, although a Nobel Prize winner in physics, is quite an unlikeable and obnoxious person. He is trading on his Nobel prize win as a guest speaker, but his 5th marriage is on the rocks, but this time she is having the affair, and he is struggling to deal with it, because he still loves her.

Journal Entry 8 by KKslibrary at Sir Duke - Cafe in Moonee Ponds, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 28, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (7/28/2019 UTC) at Sir Duke - Cafe in Moonee Ponds, Victoria Australia

To be released at Meetup