Life Sentences: A Novel

by Laura Lippman | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0061944882 Global Overview for this book
Registered by chevybuick of Port Colborne, Ontario Canada on 7/11/2010
Journal Entry 1 by chevybuick from Port Colborne, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 11, 2010
"Author Cassandra Fallows believes she may have found the story that could become her next bestseller. When she was a girl growing up in a racially diverse middle-class neighborhood in Baltimore, a shy, quiet, unobtrusive child named Calliope Jenkins orbited Cassandra's circle of friends. Later Calliope would be accused of an unspeakable crime and would spend seven years in prison for refusing to speak about it. But by delving too deeply into Calliope's dark secrets, Cassandra may inadvertently unearth a few of her own—forcing her to reexamine the memories she holds most precious, as the stark light of truth illuminates a mother's pain, a father's betrayal . . . and what really transpired on a terrible day that devastated not only a family but an entire country."

I picked this book up at the airport since I usually like Laura Lippman's books. Unfortunately, I did not like this book as much as the other books. It was a little too strange.

Journal Entry 2 by rockyhorror1978 at St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Saturday, August 14, 2010
Given to me by my Mum to read. This will be the first Laura Lippman book I read.

Journal Entry 3 by rockyhorror1978 at St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 13, 2020
Releasing books that we are unlikely to read in the near future.

Released 7 mos ago (9/13/2020 UTC) at -- Somewhere in St. Catharines in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING! YOU'VE COME TO A FRIENDLY PLACE!

Congratulations on finding this book and hope you enjoy it. I would be thrilled if you take the time to let me know what you thought of it by making a journal entry when you find this book and/or when you have finished reading it. Please feel free to explore bookcrossing and if you decide that you would like to join, tell them rockyhorror1978 sent you! :) It's a free and fun way to liberate your literature!

If you are going to share this book by passing it on or leaving it somewhere in the world to be found as a "wild release," let the world of bookcrossers know where and when by using it's unique BCID number and following the instructions!

Enjoy this book! "Make the whole world a library"

RELEASE NOTES: Releasing in a box of books on the lawn. If no one takes it, it will be donated to Value Village.