Chesapeake

by James A. Michener | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 7/10/2010
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Saturday, July 10, 2010
1978 Fawcett Crest paperback of the #1 bestseller. I found this copy last year in the free books pile on the porch of Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1953 The Bridges at Toko-Ri [read 2017]
1959 Hawaii [read 2008]
1971 The Drifters [read 2010]
1974 Centennial [read 2009]

Edit April 16, 2021: This was pretty good, detailing a succession of voyages to Chesapeake Bay over many centuries, up to the present day. But at over a thousand pages, it is impossibly long to read, and I just skimmed it to end for time. I currently have this ranked at #6022 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (4/17/2021 UTC) at Public Library - Dimond, 3565 Fruitvale Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... planned for in the donation box inside. This branch might now be open on a limited basis, after the Covid virus is waning. But libraries are still being very strict with closing midday for intensive cleaning of surfaces, and quarantining returned books, so I am not going to bother with a visit just yet, as it seems likely they will also still have the donations box closed. So I will just release to a nearby Little Free Library instead, and just mark it here in the release location rotation.

Aside from loving shared books, my main passion in life is supporting the human rights work of my good friend, Anni Cyrus. đź’– đź’– Her life story of survival as a childhood refugee is astounding, and quite moving!

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.