Jigsaw Maker

by Adrienne Dines | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 190517523X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 7/8/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 8, 2010
Description

When Jim Nealon walks into Lizzie Flynn’s shop and proposes that she help him make jigsaws, Lizzie agrees. Putting together one person’s memories so that another person can feel part of them seems like a good idea – and a project that she can fit into her humdrum life without making too many changes. She’s about to turn fifty, heading for her first hot flush. She could do with the distraction.

Then Jim shows her the photographs he intends to use.

Now the picture that was Lizzie’s life is in the air, swirling around in a thousand pieces and threatening to fall. As she scrambles to put her life back together again, Lizzie realises that it can’t be done. It was never a real picture anyway.

Too many of the pieces don’t fit.

The Jigsaw Maker is the story of Lizzie’s journey towards the truth.

My review

This was my second read from Transita. I found it very easy to get into and it held my attention easily throughout. I put some of the jigsaw pieces together myself, but not all of them! I did feel it was a bit unbelieveable that Lizzie would still not have worked out what really happened regarding her Dad thirty years on, but I won't go into that too much as I don't want to give anything away for the next reader! Well worth a read but have read better...

Released 13 yrs ago (10/1/2010 UTC) at 2010 Swindon Unconvention, Jury's Inn Hotel in Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom

I'm taking this along to the unconvention at Swindon this weekend. Hope to see many of you there! Adrienne Dines is giving a talk, so I'm sure someone will find this book interesting :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingGhaneschawing at Gmunden, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, October 4, 2010
so sorry I don`t heard Adrienne Dines in Swindon read

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it's found a new reader.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend, leave it back on the shelf or somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,
Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast! Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Journal-Eintrag zu machen und mich so wissen zu lassen, wo das Buch gerade ist und was Du damit vor hast. Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Journal Entry 5 by OBCZ-schanett at Hohenems, Vorarlberg Austria on Saturday, November 6, 2010
Vielen Dank für das neue Lesefutter für unsere OBCZ-schanett!

Released 13 yrs ago (11/6/2010 UTC) at Literaturhaus Schanett (geschlossen, ehem. OBCZ) in Hohenems, Vorarlberg Austria

Das Buch wandert in das Regal der OBCZ-schanett und freut sich schon auf die nächsten Leser!