Dead as a Doornail (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 5)

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingadrienne10wing of Seattle, Washington USA on 7/7/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingadrienne10wing from Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, July 07, 2010
from the cover: Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has had more than her share of experience with the supernatural -- but now it's really hitting close to home. When Sookie sees her brother Jason's eyes start to change, she knows he's about to turn into a werepanther for the first time -- a transformation he embraces more readily than most shape-shifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason's new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who's behind the attacks -- unless the killer decides to find her first...

Sookie's world is changing. This is a fun series I'm enjoying very much.

Journal Entry 2 by wingadrienne10wing at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Thank you for joining this spiral. Each book has a different shipping order, based on who requested it. Please journal each book as you receive it and check who to ship it to. When the book has left it’s current person, the next book will be shipped.

This book is shipped in the following order:
Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, Dead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, From Dead to Worse
Thegoaliegirl [USA]
Ellissamay [NY, USA]
Adrienne10 [NE, USA]
Vilda [Sweden]
Ythan [UK]
rainbow3 [UK]

Esme-Weatherwax [Ireland]

Some guidelines to help the book on its journey:

1 On receiving the book write a journal entry so we can all keep track of where it is.
2 I will note people who already have had the book and its current location in colored type.
3 The person with the book PM's the next one on the list for their address.

Thank you so much for participating!

Journal Entry 3 by wingadrienne10wing at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, February 10, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (2/11/2011 UTC) at Omaha, Nebraska USA

Noticed thegoaliegirl has sent book 4 on. This book is being prepared to send. Will try to get it posted before I move.

There may be a short delay for any action on this spiral from me while we move 1800 miles the week of Feb 14. It is likely that I will be unable to get book 6 going until March. I've left these books in a "do not pack" location and will try to get them unpacked right away, but I just want the spiral to be aware of the potential delay.

Thanks, all, for participating!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Saturday, February 19, 2011
This book has arrived safely in Spokane. Will start this one once I finish my current book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at Spokane, Washington USA on Saturday, March 05, 2011
I really liked this book. I'm surprised that 5 books in that I'm still enjoying the series. I like the characters and their interactions. Curious to see what the next one brings. I'll be sending this out soon.

Journal Entry 6 by elissamay at Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, March 14, 2011
Just got this... thanks! (Now stalled out in True Blood viewing, as I've finished Season 2 and the Season 2 DVDs aren't out yet... at least I can press on with the books!)

Journal Entry 7 by elissamay at Brooklyn, New York USA on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (5/31/2011 UTC) at Brooklyn, New York USA

These books are getting wackier and wackier, man! Mailed back to Washington State today.

Journal Entry 8 by wingadrienne10wing at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, June 03, 2011
Received in the mail today. I will send it on shortly.

Journal Entry 9 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Thursday, June 30, 2011
Arrived safely while I was on vacation. Thanks! Looking forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 10 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Saturday, July 09, 2011
Oh, these books are so enjoyable! I adore them and this is no exception. Perfect for sunny lazy days. (as lazy as you can expect with 3 kids around...) As soon as I get close to a post office again it will be mailed to the Next reader. Thanks again!

Journal Entry 11 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/23/2011 UTC) at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden

I'm sorry for the slight delay as I have been away. But now it travels!

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, July 28, 2011
Arrived just in time for my holidays. I aim to read this then pass it on to rainbow3 while i'm on holiday. Hoping to give this book to her on the 4th August at the Edinburgh, Scotland meetup.

Journal Entry 13 by Ythan at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 08, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (8/7/2011 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

I passed this on to rainbow3 in person yesterday.

Journal Entry 14 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 13, 2011
(((Huge apologies seems I forgot to journal I caught this!)))

BOOK COVER: “Natural and humours dialogue and a nicely paced plot…help make this the best entry yet in the series.” PUBLISHERS WEEKLY (starred review)

Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse had had more than her share of experience with the supernatural – but now its really hitting close to home, When Sookie sees her brother Jason’s eyes start to change, she knows he’s about to turn into a werepanther for the first time – a transformation he embraces more readily than most shape-shifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason’s new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who’s behind the attacks – unless the killer decides to find her first…

“Plot twists and fascinating characters abound.” LIBRARY JOURNAL
“[A] delightful Southern Vampire detective series.” THE DENVER POST

Journal Entry 15 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 14, 2011
I'd have to agree with others that this seemed to be marking time a little in it's tidying up of a multiplicity of different plot lines. And a great many plot lines concerned potential boyfriends. Frustratingly I felt the key plot lines were continually hijacked by these 'attraction' distractions without there being any resolves. It was a bit wearisome dotting about these different threads of interaction and being left with the feeling it was just too ridiculous that SO many different men (&/or male beings) were all lining up to impress Sookie.

Good grief though, why aren't I feeling that all these supernatural curious critters: vampires, shifters or were-creatures, fairies and goblins or whatever, are much more unlikely, than a such a huge quantity of suitors? Hum, I’m obviously used to the weird world of Sookie Stackhouse? And could it be I’m hooked! Well, yes!

Journal Entry 16 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/15/2011 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

into the post tomorrow - yahoo!

Journal Entry 17 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Sunday, February 19, 2012
books 2-5 where packed away the day after i got them due to the emergancy move. i just found them while looking for a differnt bc book