The Boys of Pointe du Hoc: Ronald Reagan, D-Day, and the U.S. Army 2nd Ranger Battalion

by Douglas Brinkley | History |
Registered by wingSecretariatwing of Carlsbad, California USA on 7/4/2010
Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR | Amazon IT
Journal Entry 1 by wingSecretariatwing from Carlsbad, California USA on Sunday, July 04, 2010
Adding to my library.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSecretariatwing at Carlsbad, California USA on Saturday, April 08, 2017
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I might. I've read a good deal about WW II, and thus already knew nearly all that Brinkley was showing us here. I've also read something about Ronald Regan, especially many of his letters, because he was a great correspondent. What I didn't know anything about was the speechwriting of Ronald Regan. Did I know that he had speech writers. Of course. Did I understand how that worked in his administration. No. And I found it surprisingly fascinating. I also liked the confluence of the two studies and thought it was quite an original idea for a book; at least original to me. A very good read.

Released 1 yr ago (4/9/2017 UTC) at Panera Bread, 401 Vista Village Dr. (OBCZ) in Vista, California USA

Taking it to our BC meetup to see if anyone wants this. If not, it will go on the shelves of the OBCZ.

Released for the 2017 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Release Challenge, Week 14, Picture of Someone Walking.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Secretariat. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.