Bodily Harm

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by nicolesinger of Newport, North Carolina USA on 6/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Thursday, June 24, 2010
Not impressed. I know, it's Margaret Atwood and she's really great and I just loved The Handmaid's Tale, but I'm not feeling this one. I thought the heroine was a self-absorbed twit and the events of the story more or less a vehicle for her navel-gazing. Even when she figures out it's not all about her, it's all about her figuring out it's not all about her. She really needed to stop picking jerkish guys to hang out with, too.

Maybe it read better in the early 80s when it was published, and maybe the next reader will like it better. I *have* been kind of cranky about the books I've been reading lately, so there you go.

Edit: forgot to say I picked this one up at The Book Thing of Baltimore, MD, along with a big box of others. (It's okay - I dropped off two big boxes!) Not for resale, not that it's in great condition to sell anyway, but perfectly sound and plenty of reading left in it!