One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 13)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Flossie771 of Villa Rica, Georgia USA on 6/21/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, June 21, 2010
From the back cover:

Stryker has sent word and is gathering his forces.

While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all-out onslaught against his enemies--which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race.

To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife, Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he's now embroiled in a centuries-old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.

New battle lines are being drawn as the Dark-Hunters rally for a final showdown on One Silent Night.

Journal Entry 2 by Flossie771 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Friday, July 16, 2010
Adding to my paranormal bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 30, 2010
Caught from Flossie771's Paranormal Bookbox. I love this series and I haven't read this one yet.

Book #16 in the Dark Hunter series: It's the Christmas season and all hell's breaking loose. Literally. While humans shop, an angry demon lord is plotting an all-out onslaught against his enemies, which - unfortunately for us - includes the human race. But as Stryker gathers his forces, he discovers a grown daughter he never knew existed and an angry ex, Zephyra, who's as determined to end his existence as he is to end ours.

The ultimate predator is about to meet his match as new battle lines are drawn and the Dark-Hunters are rallied for a blood bath on Christmas Eve. The only question is this: can Stryker survive his oldest enemy to fight the ones he really wants to kill - or will Zephyra finally have her shot at the husband who abandoned her?

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, August 06, 2014
My Review: I love this author and this series, but this book was pretty weak compared to most of the others in the Dark Hunter series. It was difficult for me to get into the romance between Stryker and Zephyra. An author can't just TELL us this couple is really strong and stubborn, you need to be able to show it in the story. This one was published after Acheron, so maybe she was worn out and couldn't get a good story for this one.

Sorry it took me so long to read it! Not sure what I will do with this one yet.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 10, 2014
I am putting this into the Virtual Romance Bookbox for Round #13.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, January 06, 2017
The Romance VBB ended a few years ago, so I'm making this book available.