For Matrimonial Purposes

by kavita daswani | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 6/19/2010
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, June 19, 2010
Amazon Editorial Review
This edition printed in India for sale on the Indian sub-continent. It is an English language edition. From the back cover: "Anju now works in New York, living the sophisticated American lifestyle--almost. But when she returns home to her parents in Bombay--usually for another five day family wedding--she finds herself reverting to the traditional daughter role. At each visit another prospective suitor is brought forward, other advice is sought. But what sort of man does the very modern Anju want? How important are her family, her country, her traditions?"

This was such an easy book to read and I enjoyed it immensely.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (7/20/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This book is now on its way to okyrhoe, who chose it out of the Global Village VBB. I sent it by surface mail, so it may take a couple of months to arrive. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by okyrhoe at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Thanks so much loveamystery!

Arrived last week, but couldn't j.e. promptly.

(selected from Shroffland's & ApoloniaX's Global Village VBB)

Journal Entry 4 by okyrhoe at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Thursday, July 07, 2011
A light and pleasant read; it took only two afternoons.

I had just finished reading The Marriage Bureau for Rich People and The Many Conditions of Love and then I picked up For Matrimonial Purposes from my TBR-mountain.

The writing styles between F. Zama & K. Deswani are quite a contrast. Zama writes in the third-person, and always to the point; no nuances or witholding of the truth for dramatic purposes.

Deswani's first-person narrative presents a rather predictable but humorous "chick-lit" story. Many scenes can be visualized as scenes in a romantic comedy film or sit-com episode.

Half the fun of reading this is figuring out which facts Anju is not revealing about her self and her past, until she can't avoid it any more.

---
Offering this as a RABCK - I plan on contacting BCers who have this on their wishlist.

Journal Entry 5 by okyrhoe at RABCK, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 18, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/18/2011 UTC) at RABCK, By Post -- Controlled Releases

On its way by post to Ramya. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Ramya at Plainsboro, New Jersey USA on Sunday, August 14, 2011
From India (not journaled there but for sale only there) to British Columbia to Greece to the USA -- a great trip for this book so far!

Thanks, okyrhoe, for the RABCK!

Released 6 yrs ago (7/5/2012 UTC) at McDaniel College (formerly Western Maryland) in Westminster, Maryland USA

I'm leaving this in lounge area on the top floor of the the Decker College Center.

I'm here for Common Ground on the Hill -- check it out!

Hey, you found the book!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught. Then, when you are ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to someone you know, or make a release note if you are leaving it "in the wild" for anyone to catch. You can do this anonymously, but it’s much more fun if you register; you'll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry – see how far this book travels! Don’t worry … it’s confidential (emails are generated by the system – no one is ever given your email address) and spam free. If you do sign up, please mention that you were referred by Ramya (I don’t receive anything for this; the system just keeps count of how many people came to BookCrossing through me).

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!