The Princess and the Goblin (Puffin Classics - The Essential Collection)

by MacDonald, George | Children's Books |
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 6/18/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, June 18, 2010
Synopsis:
"Princess Irene lives in a castle in a wild and lonely mountainous region. One day she discovers a steep and winding stairway leading to a bewildering labyrinth of unused passages with closed doors - and a further stairway. What lies at the top? Can the ring the princess is given protect her against the lurking menace of the boglins from under the mountain? This complete an unabridged edition of The Princess and the Goblin is an ageless story of magic and mystery."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (6/23/2010 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Released for this summer's Summer Gift Giving :-)
Hope you enjoy the book, I wish you many hours of reading pleasure!

Journal Entry 3 by slb453 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Thursday, July 01, 2010
Hi Totje2! Wow, what a wonderful surprise it was to get a package from the Netherlands today! I had no idea what it could be. I was so happy to discover it was The Princess and the Goblin--and the much coveted unabridged edition at that! I have been wanting to read this book for some time!

This is my first surprise RABCK. I am astounded by your generosity. Thank you so much! I also loved the postcard you sent. I have never been out of the US, unfortunately, but my sister visited Europe a few years ago, and the Netherlands was her absolute most favorite place to visit.

Thank you again so much! You've truly brightened my summer, and I wish you all the best and congratulate you again on your recent birthday and anniversary! I will treasure reading this book and then make sure it continues its journey.

Journal Entry 4 by slb453 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Monday, April 25, 2011
Finished reading this tonight! Please forgive me for taking so long to get to it. I really appreciate your generosity, Totje2, for shipping this to me all the way from the Netherlands as a surprise RABCK.

I want to thank you for introducing me to George MacDonald's work. Now I want to seek out the sequel; can't wait to find out what happens to the characters next.

I enjoyed reading this a lot, and was touched by Curdie's unfaltering bravery in the tale. It was exquisitely written.

I will be wild releasing this book soon. Thanks again! :)

Journal Entry 5 by slb453 at Panera at 436 and Maitland Avenue in Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (4/30/2011 UTC) at Panera at 436 and Maitland Avenue in Altamonte Springs, Florida USA

I was walking along the sidewalk trying to decide where to release this book. I saw a road sign indicating a library nearby. I couldn't think of a more perfect spot to release a book!

I left the book leaning against the sign, which is in front of Panera Bread at SR 436 and Maitland Avenue.

Released for the 2011 Set Them Free Challenge, the 2011 Movie Books Release Challenge, and the 2011 Keep Them Moving Challenge!

TO THE FINDER:

Welcome to BookCrossing! Thank you for helping me track this book's journey! I have been a member of BookCrossing since 2009, and my books released into the wild have traveled across the country, and even to Canada and Uruguay! It's a fun and rewarding hobby! :)

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

1) Register as a member to receive future journal entries on this book and track its journey around the world! It's free and spam-free. Or you may remain anonymous and go to Step 3.

2) Please put me, slb453, as your referring member when you edit your profile. Thanks!

3) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

4) If you choose to read the book, please make another journal entry when you finish it to let us know what you thought!

5) Ready to pass the book on? Click on "make release notes" to let us know where it's going! Leave the book in a public place or give it to a friend!

Enjoy, and thank you for making a journal entry! :)