The Circus Performers' Bar

by David Arnason | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPooker3wing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 6/16/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingPooker3wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Purchased from the Millennium Library's used book sale for release in the Canada Day release challenge in celebration of Canadian books and authors.

Isn't this a great cover!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPooker3wing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, September 30, 2010
This is a fabulous book of short stories, chock full of modern myth, ritual and fairy tale. Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs show up a few times. But "The Girl and the Wolf" might have been my favourite fairy tale - poor wolf destined to work at LRRH's father's gas station, his fur smelling of oil and his legs aching from standing on concrete all day!

But I was particularly fond of "The Figure Skater" too with the best figure skater and the hockey game hero as king and queen of the winter carnival, for one night anyway.

The book was published in 1984 and I think that the stories reflect societal changes at that time. The stories would have been funny then, but I think they're even funnier today looking back.

I really must read more Arnason!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPooker3wing at Park Theatre & Movie Cafe in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (10/12/2010 UTC) at Park Theatre & Movie Cafe in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Taking this one to the meetup tonight. If no takers, I'll leave it on the shelf in the loft. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by day-zee at North Winnipeg Parkway - Waterfront Drive in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/6/2013 UTC) at North Winnipeg Parkway - Waterfront Drive in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Got a wagon full of books, and I'm off for a walk! All of them have been sitting around for too long, so it's time to get them moving.

This is one of my favourite things to do. With over 50 books, the park will be transformed into a park bench library!