corner corner Anne Neville: Queen to Richard III (England's Forgotten Queens)

Anne Neville: Queen to Richard III (England's Forgotten Queens)
by Michael Hicks | History
Registered by kersti of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/15/2010

status (set by hon-no-tomo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kersti from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Journal Entry 2 by nut at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, June 25, 2010

Picked up at a "meet bookcrossing visitors" meeting in the Long Stone.

Journal Entry 3 by nut at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, August 02, 2010

Finding it hard to get into this, and I have many more books to read, so I think I'll give up and pass it on.

Journal Entry 4 by hon-no-tomo at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I do like biographies, especially about women.

Journal Entry 5 by hon-no-tomo at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Compared the the biography of Berengaria, Richard Lionheart’svwife, that I read just before this book, this work was horrendously boring.
Firstly, the author expects the reader to know the War of the Roses inside out.
Secondly, the author is obsessed with genealogy and legalese and spends pages over pages delving into the intricacies of Anne’s family and inheritance.
Thirdly, the author utterly fails to bring her to life. And as he expects the reader to know the history of the time period, he fails to bring that to life as well.

Journal Entry 6 by hon-no-tomo at The Long Stone Pub (OBCZ) in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, June 18, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/18/2018 UTC) at The Long Stone Pub (OBCZ) in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Released at the monthly meetup.

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. We would love it, if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it.