Friends in High Places

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dagett of Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on 7/9/2003
Journal Entry 1 by dagett from Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Wednesday, July 9, 2003
Another quite enjoyable Brunetti, recommended to Venice-lovers.

Journal Entry 2 by dagett from Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Friday, November 14, 2003
I took this book with me to the Meet-Up at Pickwick's.

Journal Entry 3 by odysseymcfly on Sunday, November 16, 2003
i got this at the meetup 14. nov at pickwicks from a new bookcrossings friend. thanks, dagett, for the book! i haven't started it yet, but the storyline sounds intriguing...

Journal Entry 4 by odysseymcfly at on Thursday, November 20, 2003
Released on Thursday, November 20, 2003 at Here & Now Association (Cultural Center) Laudong. in Wien, Wien Austria.

I will be leaving this book on the book exchange table inside near the entrance. It will be there before noon-time.

Journal Entry 5 by odysseymcfly on Thursday, November 20, 2003
ooh, i reallly liked this book! finished it last night on the u-bahn. i don't read too many crime books, but this may have changed my mind, because now I want some more. i'd never heard of author donna leon, but apparently she's rather famous in Europe. the writing was done really well, and the descriptions of Venice and the seedy underbelly of the city bureaucracy there were great.

Journal Entry 6 by Flares on Friday, November 28, 2003
Picked up at the Here & Now Centre on Laudongasse.

Journal Entry 7 by stemonitis from not specified, not specified not specified on Wednesday, December 3, 2003
A light and easy detective story without too many twists and turns. The cover suggests that it is particularly suited to lovers of Venice. I can't comment on this, having never been anywhere near there, but nonetheless I enjoyed the book.

Journal Entry 8 by Flares on Wednesday, December 17, 2003
This book was alright, I enjoyed it. It did not take me long to read, and it has a story that makes you keep reading.

The place on laudongasse seems to be a very good place for English books- there are many there, but none are labelled up for bookcrossing! Does this mean we are to take them and register them ourselves? I would be happy to leave books there in the future too. :-)

Journal Entry 9 by Namomi from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Tuesday, January 27, 2004
I haven't actually read this book, but as I am not likely to read it soon, I feel I should set it free so it can see the world. I shall leave it on the train from Loughborough to Sheffield.

Journal Entry 10 by Namomi at on Tuesday, January 27, 2004
Release planned for Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 08.49 train from Loughborough to Sheffield in Sheffield, England United Kingdom.

Midland Mainline 08.49 train. Hopefully caught before or at Sheffield.