The Daughters of Cain (Inspector Morse Mysteries)

by Colin Dexter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by pinkydinky on 6/12/2010
Journal Entry 1 by pinkydinky on Saturday, June 12, 2010
MTBR

Journal Entry 2 by pinkydinky at Melksham, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 23, 2010
A good page turning read. Morse is given a case which initially has been handled by someone else. They have not got far and Morse and Lewis find themselves with little to go on. A few red herrings along the way as you'd expect.

Journal Entry 3 by pinkydinky at Mystery and Tea, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (12/5/2012 UTC) at Mystery and Tea, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Off to the winner of the tea and mystery sweepstake. Enjoy x

Journal Entry 4 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Thursday, December 13, 2012
Got here today!

Thanks for the book, as well for the other, with the selection of teas and the x-mas card!

Looking forward to read the book!

Journal Entry 5 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Once again, what can I say about this book. Not much in my opinion. It seemed to be a good crime novel, set in England, but I got disappointed once more. The character of Chief Inspector Morse is extremely annoying and I couldn’t get in the story. I always felt there was something missing, as if the characters had to be distant and cold, showing no human side. Again, it’s another book that I finished simply because I wanted to know then ending. And it’s another author that I won’t read other books, I have plenty of books and authors to read!

Journal Entry 6 by carelaisa at Oppem's Birthday RABCK group, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/7/2015 UTC) at Oppem's Birthday RABCK group, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent as part of the 2015 Oppem's Birthday group.

Hope everything will be liked!

Journal Entry 7 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, October 31, 2015
Thank you for this great birthday parcel; for the plethora of tea (one of which I am enjoying right now), glittery card, hot chocolate mix with mini marshmallows (sounds luxurious), bookmark and This book. Your generosity is huge!

Through Bookcrossing I think I now associate murder mystery books with cups of tea and Easter (the Easter thing is from reading about a modern Finnish tradition...not sure where the cups of tea fit in!!)

Journal Entry 8 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, August 28, 2016
Perhaps as part of a series readers can gain an idea of the characters and enjoy them a little, but as a stand alone story Morse was sullen and irritated by everyone. The fact he thought women swooned at him was highly unbelievable.

Interesting mystery though, and a good holiday read.

Released 2 yrs ago (8/30/2016 UTC) at Houses of Parliament in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand