The Whistling Season

by Ivan Doig | Audio Downloads |
Registered by rannie of Eatonton, Georgia USA on 6/6/2010
Journal Entry 1 by rannie from Eatonton, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 6, 2010
Unabridged audible on 9 CDs. A story of motherless boyhood on a dry-lander homestead, and of Rose, whose ad "Can't cook, doesn't bite" brings her into their lives; Maurie, her over-educated, undermotivated brother; and of Paul, our storyteller, who has the task of closing the last remaining one room schoolhouses in the state, whose memories bring forth this lovely story - warm with rough edges - just like a family of boys.

Journal Entry 2 by rannie at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Thursday, September 2, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (9/2/2010 UTC) at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA

Hope you enjoy this, Mellion!

Journal Entry 3 by mellion108 at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Thanks, rannie! The book is here. Can't wait to listen. :)
Unabridged Audible.com download, 9 CDs, approximately 12 hours, read by Jonathan Hogan

Journal Entry 4 by mellion108 at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Monday, May 16, 2011
I hate to use this word too much, but there's no getting around it. This book is...sweet. I have to admit that I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this homespun...sweet...tale at first, but then I had to keep listening to find out the next event in the lives of Paul Millaron, Rose, Morrie, Oliver, Paul's brothers and the assorted characters in Paul's one-room schoolhouse in Marias Coulee, Montana.

This is a simple tale but one that sticks with the reader. Although it started out rather slowly, the story is so captivating that I found myself thinking about when I could sneak out for a drive just to listen some more!

Catwoman chose this from the CD only VBB over on BookObsessed. I'll get this in the mail to her as soon as possible. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Received in the mail today. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (1/10/2013 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

For release