The Secret History: A Novel

by Donna Tartt | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by CrazyPooka of Portland, Oregon USA on 7/8/2003
Journal Entry 1 by CrazyPooka from Portland, Oregon USA on Tuesday, July 08, 2003
what can I say, I'm a sucker for conspiracy and any old secret society. So, seeing this one on the Powell's cheap table, what was there to stop me? Not a damn thing. Now on my to be read soon table.

Release planned for Thursday, July 17, 2003 at Willamette Coffee House on 8th next to Mcdonalds in West Linn, Oregon USA.

This was a compelling read. I enjoyed it, though it won't be for everyone's taste. It's about murder, love, the classics, and all trouble that ensues. While it's over 500 pages, I read it in less than a week, and can't wait to read "The Little Friend", also by this author. She has a voice that you just want to hear more from.

I plan on releasing this one on my first visit to Willamette Coffee. It's an official crossing zone, populated with books from BC Brookhavn. So, in her words I say....

"left on the bookcrossing bookshelf....look up!"

(I've been wanting to see with this 'look up' business is all about! Maybe I'll find a book to catch!)

Journal Entry 3 by Brookhavn from West Linn, Oregon USA on Thursday, July 17, 2003
picked up this book today...thanks crazypooka!

Journal Entry 4 by Brookhavn from West Linn, Oregon USA on Wednesday, November 19, 2003
This book was not what I expected...it was far more intellectual and thought-provoking. It is about a group of college students who kill one of their own, and while you learn this on the first page, the book is essentially about why and how and the far-ranging consequences. To murder someone seems an impossible thing and yet Donna Tartt is skilled enough to make it possible and even plausible. the intellectual nature of this book makes it seem difficult to translate into a movie and yet that is apparently on the future agenda. I found this book to be a compelling read.....thanks crazypooka for giving me this opportunity!

Journal Entry 5 by Brookhavn at 111 Duke in Montréal, Québec Canada on Wednesday, December 03, 2003
Release planned for Sunday, December 07, 2003 at 111 duke-inside front doors in Montreal, Quebec Canada.

Or it might be outside in the phone booth...can't tell yet. This location seems to be a hot crossing zone with many catches so here's hoping...can't wait to visit the lovely city of Montreal!

Journal Entry 6 by gift-of-god on Tuesday, March 02, 2004
so, it was not released in montreal by Brookhavn, so she sent it to me, but I moved , so my landlady held it for me, and then i lost it, but i found it again, so i'm going to read it, then release it...

Journal Entry 7 by MathildeClc from Lons-le-Saunier, Franche-Comté France on Monday, April 12, 2004
Caught it in Cafe Perk Avenue in Montreal. Was a lovely experience, and quite fun as well...
I wish I could stay longer in Canada its so nice and peaceful... and there is a lot of good places to read books...
This book is now going to travel through Europe!