The Great Railway Bazaar

Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 6/2/2010
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, June 02, 2010
1983 Ballantine paperback of the 1975 travelogue by train through Asia. This was on my list of the best 100 travel books to read. By the stamps on this copy, it was a discard from Dimond Library, in the collection at least from 1989, and by the attached barcode as recently as 2008, when the library switched over. The cover art is identical to the picture icon attached to this same ISBN. I found this copy last year in the free books pile on the porch of Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1967 Waldo [read 2016]
1973 Saint Jack [n/a]

Edit March 1, 2021: I read the first part, and this was okay as a travelogue, but then I skimmed to end for time. I currently have this ranked at #1409 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (3/2/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 6862 Ridgewood Drive in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.