Tom's Midnight Garden

by Philippa Pearce | Children's Books |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 5/30/2010
Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR | Amazon IT
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 30, 2010
Cute story - if you liked The Secret Garden you'll probably like this one. This one has a boy for the main character and has a bit of (unexplained, possibly magical) time travel involved.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, September 11, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (9/11/2010 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Going out in the YA crossover bookbox. Happy reading!

Released to honor the too-short life of young bookcrosser N-R-Jyzer.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 3 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I'm taking this one from the YA bookbox. I never read this book as a child but it is exactly the sort of story I loved back then -and still do in adult fiction. Houses with history, time travel /mystery from the past to be solved, things hidden in attics etc -these were all things that stirred my imagination.

This was an adorable book that I could hardly put down and will be keeping it for the bestsellers and award winners meeting next month.

ETA: this book was passed onto a teacher at Singsong's school to be read to the kids.

Journal Entry 4 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (1/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the meetup!

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 5 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 15, 2012
I originally took this for the herchellettes but it looks like I will read it too, especially after one of the customers at Joshua Tree told me that she had loved this book as a child. I really thought that those two women would grab some of our books, perhaps they will be at our table on day.

Journal Entry 6 by wingherchellewing at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (10/11/2014 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bring back to the group from my daughter's black hole.

Journal Entry 7 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 12, 2014
Picked this up at the October BookCrossing meeting

Journal Entry 8 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 11, 2015
I couldn't get into this book. As there are other names on the list that want to read will pass it along.

Journal Entry 9 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 11, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (7/11/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the July Book Crossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Picked up at get together

Journal Entry 11 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 02, 2017
I rather enjoyed this book, though I wasn't so sure at the start of the story. It was a bit slow to get going and pouty boys aren't always my cup of tea. But as the story progressed, I definitely got more and more into it. I liked the idea of him visiting the past and having a huge garden to play in, and I eventually liked the friendship he developed with the girl in the past. It was easy to see where things were going, but I still liked how it all came together and wrapped up.

Thanks for the interesting read!

Journal Entry 12 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together!

Journal Entry 13 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 19, 2018
I don't remember putting my name on this book. Either way, it's in my hands now!