Pride and Prejudice

by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by TiffanyAching of Fife, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/24/2010
Journal Entry 1 by TiffanyAching from Fife, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, May 24, 2010
Finally got round to reading this after years of avoiding Austen due to horrific English Lit class and Mansfield Park.

I love the BBC adaptation and was pleasently surprised on just how funny this book was. I had heard about 'the wit of austen' but assumed it was just some pompas person trying to look clever. Oh how wrong I was!

I found myself totally wrapped up in the characters, despite knowing the story off by heart from the adaptation, even screaming at Lizzie when she falls for Mr Wickham's charms and cheering when she finally realises Mr Darcy is a catch.

Released 10 yrs ago (5/25/2010 UTC) at Potter About Coffee Shop in Burntisland, Scotland United Kingdom

to be released in the coffee shop on the morning of 25th May 2010

Journal Entry 3 by BonnethillBunny at Pitlochry, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 26, 2010
Found this book in the foyer of Pitlochry Festival Theatre where I work. First wild book I have found. No idea how it got here as it was released in Burntisland! Strangely enough I used to live in Kinghorn! Small world. I will endevour to read it too TaffanyAching after your comments I can't resist the challenge.