The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

by Mark Haddon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by passionatebklvr of Wynnewood, Pennsylvania USA on 5/22/2010
Journal Entry 1 by passionatebklvr from Wynnewood, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, July 19, 2010
One of my favorite 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die which will be going in the bookbox.

Released 10 yrs ago (7/20/2010 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Releasing this into the 1001 Bookbox, enjoy & happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Lottiotta at Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, August 27, 2010
Nabbed from the bookbox, thanks! :)

Journal Entry 4 by Lottiotta at Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, December 01, 2011
Take a seat or you might fall over from the shock, but I'm about to start reading this...!

The next day...
I finished this just now. There were some things I liked, and saw in myself, like the touching of fingertips instead of hugging. Overall, I wasn't really that impressed, though it was sweet.

It might sound a bit harsh, but this book was so clearly written by someone who isn't autistic. It was definitely written to appeal to neurotypical people, and as my friend who's aspie said, it's a really interesting thought experiment. It reads like "this is what I imagine it's like to be autistic." I can see that it's the only way this book could be written, though, and for that I am glad I read it.

I don't know what I'll do with it yet, so I'll mark it AVL until I have a plan.

Journal Entry 5 by Lottiotta at The Chattery (Cafe) in Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (1/19/2012 UTC) at The Chattery (Cafe) in Swansea, Wales United Kingdom

Taking four books to the book exchange shelf to the back left in the Chattery. If I can't put them on the bookshelf I'll hand them in at the till for them to stock the shelf later. :)