Blindness

by Jose Sarmago | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by marsala of - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on 5/17/2010
Journal Entry 1 by marsala from - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Monday, May 17, 2010
Hi and Welcome to Bookcrossing!

If you found this book and are not familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing.

I really hope you'll journal this book! You can stay anonymous if you like. You can journal the book right now! You don’t have to read it first. Ideally, you will post a journal now saying that you’ve found this particular book, then read (and hopefully enjoy) the book. When you’re done reading, come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Give a review if you’d like. If you journal it, you can come back anytime to track its journey.

If you decide to join – and it’s FREE - please consider using me, Marsala, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Happy reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by marsala at OBCZ 't Hof: Lunch & High Tea in Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, March 20, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/20/2016 UTC) at OBCZ 't Hof: Lunch & High Tea in Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

Releasing at the meetup in Oss.

Journal Entry 3 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, March 20, 2016
Delighted to find this 1001 list book (I think) in Oss, especially a South American book. Added to Mount TBR.
ETA: Apparently this was one of Saramago books that isn't included in the 1001 list. What's more, the author was Portuguese, not South American.

Journal Entry 4 by bookguide at BC meeting 2018 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/8/2018 UTC) at BC meeting 2018 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

This book has been released as part of the following BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - read and release books, with extra points for a monthly theme
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - read and release books on the TBR list since before the end of the previous year. My reading goal is 36 books.

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, July 09, 2018
Took it with me from the meeting.

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Finished this book today.
I liked the story, but found it a bit irritating that the author seems to be a great fan of comma's and not so much of full stops. He even does this when the characters are talking to each other. It makes it difficult to find out who says what. And if it had been symbolic for the story I would have understood. But I've read somewhere that this is his writing style. I couldn't understand it.
Luckily enough, when reading long enough I'd gotten used to it and that made it easier.
My book had some comments by a previous reader, pointing to and explaining some of the symbolic, which made the story more interesting.
All in all I liked the read.

Journal Entry 7 by dutch-book at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 04, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (7/7/2019 UTC) at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Naar de BC-meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by MMMaartje at IJsselstein, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, July 08, 2019
Took this home with me from Castricum. Looking forward to reading it! :)